Moronic woman wants everyone else to suffer for her own stupidity

I just got asked to sign a petition requiring everybody to install a lockable fence around their garden pond incase their child (or someone else's) falls into it. The reason? Her own 2 year old fell in her unfenced pond and drowned. So because she didn't have a fence, she thinks everyone else should? Er.... so why didn't she have one then?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Many thanks, sounds a good cause. It's got my vote.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Yes there does seem to be a fault in her logic there.So suggestions fro inventive devices to stop children drowning in ponds that does not look like a fence which takes away from the aesthetic appeal.

How about a strong mesh over the top just below the surface that stops them going in.

Or maybe some kind of device that all children wear that has every pond in the area on it coded into a gps chip? grin. OK I know its very sad, and one can understand the lady, but really its up to parents to be aware of what their children are doing. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Many countries require swimming pools to be fenced.

And here's a coroner calling for it to be mandatory in this country:

GB

Mandatory water wings on all children at all times seems called for. After all, they might drown in the bath at home.

And to teach them that some things are dangerous and should be avoided.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Many states in the USA not only require a fence but also an emergency telephone.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

But not ponds

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Very sad, but it may be a case of her salving her conscience.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

The USA is over the top in everything. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why not make it compulsory to teach your kids to swim?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You can drown in an 1" of water...

Mesh isn't a bad idea though one of the anti Heron measures isn't it?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Agreed, but why should I go to a deal of expense and inconvenience because she's a useless moron?

Reply to
Huge

Why not make it compulsory to give your kids a bath?

I mean, there are decent people living - or trying to - in Kensington & Chelsea.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Because they can't die of being dirty.

What?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I think we are compelled to do all kinds of things for no logical reason. All part of the nonsense that is life.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

No, all part of the nonsense that is our government. Fuck the law, break the rules, do as you wish. 3 million a year caught speeding, yet they continue to keep speeding as an offence?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well, I think government can do a few useful things, as long as they keep a very low profile. But there's an even worse thing called politics, which just wrecks everything.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Well, we all suffer from that, and even those who try and hide behind the sofa.

Reply to
Tim Streater

she should be aware of what her child was doing, leaving a 2 year old unsupervised outdoors long enough to drown............not great parenting.

Reply to
mostyn harvey

It really doesn't bother me how others bring up their kids. If they tak= e risks and they die, it's their loss. But they should never tell someo= ne else what to do.

-- =

What=E2=80=99s black, white, and red all over and doesn=E2=80=99t fit th= rough a revolving door? A nun with a spear through her head.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword