OT: news blackout

Chelsey Wright

This story doesn't seem to have been covered by the BBC and most other media.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Obviously had never been taught to avoid dangerous animals.

Reply to
Richard

What story?

Incidentally attacks from Wild Boar are on the increase. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

google it

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nice not to have to link to Breitbart...

Reply to
Tim Watts

why? yes, breitbart has an agenda, but so does everyone else. immigrants do bad stuff, MSM covers it up, tommy robinson gets stuck in, so called 'right wing' press are only ones covering..

In short its business as usual.You get to decide who is right and who is wrong.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More about it here.

harry

You really are in Lala Land.

Reply to
harry

Lots of rapes , murders, killings, muggings, fires, accidents etc are not covered.

The mugging of my son and the theft of his phone and money at knifepoint did not make any news media despite him reporting it to the police and the ambulance being called out.

Of course, it was a gang of *white* youths who did it so it wasn't worthy of report.

Please try to control your paranoia Bill.

Reply to
Mark Allread

If 'the BBC' covered every single story, they'd fill up the entire output of BBC1.

The very fact you've heard about this story means it's been covered somewhere. Unless you are the perpetrator, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Every time you think a story is being "sat on" by the BBC, someone will tell you that they have already heard in, this was certainly talked about on one the overnight BBC radio shows ...

and if you search using the name "chelsea manning" it does turn up on the BBC website a day ago.

Reply to
Andy Burns

What's Chelsea Manning got to do with this?

Reply to
Tim Watts

WTF has chelsea manning got to do with chelsey Wright?

One is a transgender wooftah and the other is a gang rape victim.

Typical that the beeb covers the transgender wooftah but not the gang rape victim.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, I assumed he/she'd changed names again ... yes, that story is more likely to get Bill's goat ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think Bill does have a point here. I know he's a bit ranty - but there does seem to be a reluctance for the MSM to report thinsg "off message" and this appears to be an example.

Isolated one off? Maybe. But without balanced reporting, some (me to some extent) will wonder if there's a bit of a cover up going on.

The reason I was glad not to have to use a Breitbart link is they are severely right wing and that automatically flags as "fake news" to most people because only left and centre viewpoints are valid these day.

eg:

1) Smash the rich, borrow like there's no tomorrow, fund everything and say "Marx is right" = OK.

2) Be a nationalistic Scot demanding independence from the tyranny of London = OK

3) Be English and demand independence from the tyranny of Brussels = You fascist bastard.
Reply to
Tim Watts

Though un-named, this seems to be the same victim/crime, reported in the local rag back in september

Reply to
Andy Burns

Breitbart is slanted, but its not fake.

For that you need the MSM with their agendas.

Well yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And searching by the copper's name, rather than the victim's name the BBC did report it last month

Reply to
Andy Burns

Exactly. Its not to be honest that serious that the MSM would report it especially as it has a racial component.

But then neither is a sex change wooftah in prison.

Just as 'hope not hate'; will be onto every piece of possible racial abuse, except those perpetrated by devout followers of the religion of peace?, so will Breitbart be onto every piece of racial abuse that IS propagated by the Religion of Peace ?..

To date more has been made up by 'hate not soap' than Breitbart. Breitbart is selective, but accurate. 'hate not soap' makes stuff up, or does it themselves.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Buried as far from the public consciousness as possible with the veiled implication that she cried 'rape' unfairly.

Nice one beeb.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher