OT - new photo driving licence - union flag

I've just had to replace my driving licence because the old one expired.

The old one had an EU flag with UK in the middle.

The new one has the same but also has a Union Flag on the RHS.

Presumably covering all options.

Anyone know if you have to change your number plates on your car to remove the blue stars once we quit the EU?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

i wouldn't be surprised if you did when visiting the EU. You aren't a member of the EU and they wouldn't want you claiming you were.

Reply to
dennis

Get a stick on swasika for the blue stars, a bit like the stick on beam diverters that used to be available for headlights, but instead of a stick on aid to uniformity, it lets those Europeans know what we think of foreigners. A stick on aid to divergence.

Of course the true Brit will drive on the left also. That'l show 'em.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

dennis@home was thinking very hard :

Just buy a pair of stick on Union Flags..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Good idea - as long as the letters GB or UK are shown underneath. If you drive to Europe you will then still need an additional GB sticker attached to the rear. If you have plates that have the euro symbol and GB you do not need the additional GB sticker. That's the current situation - unless it changes!

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Its of no interest to brexiteers anyway as it will be up to the EU what is acceptable and brexiteers don't want any control from the EU so won't go in their car.

Presumably brexiteers are refusing to buy stuff with the CE mark on it too.

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home used his keyboard to write :

Chinese Export?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've never understood why tiny letters and a tiny Union Flag symbol on the edge of a number plate are regarded as an acceptable substitute for the large GB stickers with lettering that could be read at a much greater distance. If the minimum size of lettering on an old GB sticker (did Northern Ireland have its own sticker, since it's in UK but not GB) was the size normally sold, how come they allow much smaller lettering on the side of a number plate?

Reply to
NY

Why would we refuse? We might just like to also buy things of an acceptable standard, but not necessarily CE marked too though. Other standards around the world can be as good, just different.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

It is inferior to our previous standards. CE standards started the Grenfell fire.

Reply to
harry

Really ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Most probably.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Are you saying no fridge-freezer ever caught fire before CE days?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)