OT - negative marketing

In article , David in Normandy writes

Psychologically I have found just, "don't call again" and hanging up to be effective and makes a quick escalation to, "what port of f'ck off did you not understand" more reasonable if they were to call back. It neatly avoids the, "How can you tell you're not interested if you don't listen to me" part of the script.

Reply to
fred

Perhaps there is a market for a software driven script to answer these unsolicited calls.

"Hello, I'm calling to check progress on your PPI claim"

"Hello, I am working from the uk.d-i-y cold caller script"

"What?"

"Have you already called me?"

"Yes."

"Did I tell you I wasn't interested?"

"Err......yes."

"Which part of 'f*ck off and die' did you fail to understand?"

If we all took a standardised approach then perhaps the call would never go beyond the first response.

:-)

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

In message , David WE Roberts writes

But the best bit has to be when you get two follow up calls where the caller immediately drops the line ... YES, you've got through and spoilt his day when you called him a bit of detritus on mammy's turkey baster

Reply to
geoff

In message , David WE Roberts writes

Just got this spam ... and look - he's over here ATM, really

"Hello,         Thanks for the interest shown in wanting to be my Purchasing Agent.I would have love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am presently in the UK for a short business trip so there will be no interview"

Reply to
geoff