OT: Mystery object

I got a book mark out of one of them yesterday.

Just phasing out the Kindle as (a) I've ceased to use Amazon and (b) it doesn't work very well [1]. Now have aKobo Aura HD and we'll see how well that goes.

[1] Has over 3GB of memory but is now unusably slow (except on page turns) having only used 1GB of it. Also has a failing page button.
Reply to
Bob Eager

Books appear to have far fewer failure modes than these gizmos.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Having carelessly left my Kobo Glow in a soft overnight bag and then someone sat on it, I also now have an Aura HD, I prefer the yellowy rather than blue/white glow and with the increased size/resolution it only needs a smidge of zoom to read A4 PDFs

Reply to
Andy Burns

I like it so far but still have to load the library all on to it. Calibre is very useful and works well (integrates the Collections).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Shirley that depends on what size text was in the PDF.

Reply to
dennis

True, the building regs were my test docs, not exactly large print ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just to mention, having broken the first reader, I thought I ought to get some form of cheapie case for the replacement, WHSmith seem to have run out, so I ordered one of these

The strange blue strip turns out to be peel-off protective film over the metal strip of the magnetic clasp, it fits the reader well (i.e. it's not a generic one, it is designed for the Aura HD).

Reply to
Andy Burns

I got a case, too, although not that one. Also with the magnetic thing; they seem to be very common (use one on the Nexus [57].

Reply to
Bob Eager