OT: Mystery object

On 30/12/2014 21:41, Andy Burns wrote:

Shirley that depends on what size text was in the PDF.
Dennis@home wrote:

True, the building regs were my test docs, not exactly large print ...
Bob Eager wrote:

Just to mention, having broken the first reader, I thought I ought to get some form of cheapie case for the replacement, WHSmith seem to have run out, so I ordered one of these
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aura-HD-case/201010661068
The strange blue strip turns out to be peel-off protective film over the metal strip of the magnetic clasp, it fits the reader well (i.e. it's not a generic one, it is designed for the Aura HD).

Books appear to have far fewer failure modes than these gizmos.
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:41:51 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I like it so far but still have to load the library all on to it. Calibre is very useful and works well (integrates the Collections).
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:57:36 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I got a case, too, although not that one. Also with the magnetic thing; they seem to be very common (use one on the Nexus [57].
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On 27/12/2014 23:21, Bob Eager wrote:

You have broken all the rules of mystery object posts!
For next time, they are:
At least on the first post, the link is to be broken or point at something completely unrelated.
The image must take ages to download - usually because it is an unfeasibly large number of megabytes on an overloaded "free" server with even more megabytes of advertising and general crap.
The image should be taken at a very unhelpful angle.
It should be blurred. You can achieve this by moving camera, making sure it is out of focus, or using one of the various blurring tools in Photoshop et al.
Contrast and brightness are to be compromised by taking picture in a very dark corner or whiting-out large parts with the flash. Doing photo under LP sodium street lighting can do wonders for colour rendering.
The actual object must not occupy more than about 20% of the image area. Ideally other distracting items are in view. Or reflected (c.f. dangly bits reflected on kettle on ebay).
--
Rod

Bob Eager wrote:

Wine bottle foil cutter?