OT: Mystery object

OK, this one came in a Christmas cracker from Aldi. Some pretty good other things, but no idea what this is!
It's about 7cm long, silver coloured plastic; the two curved 'blade' things don't appear to be metal.
Here:
http://www.tavi.co.uk/Mystery.jpg
Ideas gratefullky received!
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
It's to cut through the the top seal material on a wine bottle that uses a traditional cork. Place the tool over the top of the bottle seal with the cutting edges underneath the lip and simply rotate this removes the top of the seal exposing the cork.
Richard
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:27:34 -0800 (PST), Tricky Dicky

Ah, not what I thought it was then.
[Winces, and crosses legs.]
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:27:34 -0800, Tricky Dicky wrote:

My first thought. But it's too small to fit any wine bottle I have. And the 'blades' are not sharp at all.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On 28/12/2014 00:13, Bob Eager wrote:

It is so similar to wine bottle capsule cutters, it seems to be the only answer - for small bottles? Perhaps somewhere they use similar capsules on, say, "soda pop" bottles or one glass wine bottles?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Rod

There may only be one that is meant to be sharp. The other three are just wheels.
--
"Once you adopt the unix paradigm, the variants cease to be a problem - you
bitch, of course, but that's because bitching is fun, unlike M$ OS's, where

Might have been made too small (someone in China getting one of the measurements wrong - the real one I have here is also 7cm long) and thus surplus to the original requirement.
"I know - let's stuff them in Xmas Crackers..."
--
Roland Perry

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 10:19:44 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

Yes, does look as if that's what it is. No real blade though...all four rollers are just that.
The only actual useless gift in the whole box of crackers - they were good value!
Thanks everyone.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
remarked:

Go on then. List the USEFUL stuff:-)
--
Adam

They could have put rollers on (instead of cutters) after they discovered the size of the frame was wrong. Just for show.
The one I have here has four cutters (not one and three rollers).
--
Roland Perry

Yours is getting very implausible indeed.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:06:09 +0000, ARW wrote:

Can only remember what I got. A folding ruler - a sort of concertina as a load of linked plastic tiles. It works and is reasonably accurate. Oh, SWMBO got a screwdriver set which wasn't bad at all.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On 28/12/2014 21:33, Bob Eager wrote:

The only useful thing I got was a bottle opener. Real metal too.
The book mark would have been useful if it worked on a kindle.

How about photographing the ruler NEXT to the mystery object so that we can work out the size?
Tim
On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:17:50 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Why bother since I posted the size?
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.

Because the size you quoted and your statement that it's too small to be a foil cutter doesn't tie up. 7cm is more than big enough for it to be one.
Tim
On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 23:39:17 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

OK...
Well, the length is as I said. The 'too small' bit comes from the fact that the curved part (where the bottle neck would fit) is too small for any of the bog standard wine bottles I have.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 00:22:16 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Aha. I forced it a bit and it fitted!
Much to my amazement, it works too. I still can't work out how it's managing to cut anything, but it does.
Thanks everyone.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:57:51 +0000, Dennis@home wrote:

I got a book mark out of one of them yesterday.
Just phasing out the Kindle as (a) I've ceased to use Amazon and (b) it doesn't work very well [1]. Now have aKobo Aura HD and we'll see how well that goes.
[1] Has over 3GB of memory but is now unusably slow (except on page turns) having only used 1GB of it. Also has a failing page button.
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.
Bob Eager wrote:

Having carelessly left my Kobo Glow in a soft overnight bag and then someone sat on it, I also now have an Aura HD, I prefer the yellowy rather than blue/white glow and with the increased size/resolution it only needs a smidge of zoom to read A4 PDFs