OT Morgan sold off to Italians

Morgan family grabbed the money and ran. 100 years of history count for nothing.

Reply to
Andrew

You can't pay bills with history

Reply to
charles

Morgan family maybe old and tired.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True. They just want to sit back on their arses,

Reply to
harry

Or young and CBA?

Reply to
PeterC

It's their firm, and their money. Good luck to them.

Reply to
Bob Eager

We haven't seen you do anything to add to the history of the UK, you have been sitting on your arse for a lifetime I expect.

Reply to
dennis

Well worth a visit to the factory. I had a tour last year. Lots of hand work, including forming bonnets from flat sheet.

The shop had a Morgan pedal car, a snip at £8k.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

That may be the transport method of the future. As in The Space Merchants (Pohl & Kornbluth): "when the oil ran out, technology developed the pedicab".

Reply to
Tim Streater

ISTR they did do a MM story based vaguely around a re-named Morgan.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I remember the pickle factory one where the woman director who could also drive a fork lift, crushed the bloke with a pallet of pickle.

There was an Inspector Morse to do with cars where some of them wanted to sell out to the Japanese. Can't remeber if they were murdered or not, or if it was a red herring.

michael adams

michael adams

It's a thriving concern with a waiting list that shows no sign of ending. People who buy Morgans will keep on buying.

The factory might still use jigs and methods that date back decades but that's why people buy them.

The only problem Morgan have is how to replace highly skilled retiring workers with todays useless young people.

Reply to
Andrew

It is all to easy to let sentiment cloud judgment in business but business is about making money. Would you rather the company had gone to the wall, with the associated loss of jobs etc?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Of course. Then he could rant about that, too.

Reply to
Tim Streater

<quote>

Approximately 70% of the workforce live locally to the factory in Malvern itself, the average age of the workforce is 42 years.

Apprenticeships run for up to 4 years and involve day release to a local college. All other training is "on the Job" as the youngsters learn their trade from the crafts men and women around them.

</quote>

michael adams

michael adams