OT: More things that annoy me...

Lack of education.

Reply to
wasbit

In some American TV series they are referred to as "the girls".

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Philips have given up making most if not all consumer stuff.

Reply to
Andrew

Well that depends on what you mean by 'making' They own companies that make all manner of consumer goods.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Some is interesting but only in very small doses. If someone is filming their day to day work and every job is different and varied then watching a few of their videos can be educational. You do also get channels where the day job is, say, cutting grass and they film every job they do :(

Clickbait - where the title of video or the thumbnail picture has nothing or little to do with the content of the video. The more views someone can get then the greater the potential earnings.

Reply to
alan_m

Nah, its 40 somethings pretending to be down with the groovy dudes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Puppy" caused you to click on the link - so it did the job.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

There was one which only used video footage from security cameras which watched a companies' car parking area.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Is that the one with a ridiculously efficient towing service, that saw lots of illegally parked people returning to an empty space where their car had been 20 minutes ago? Because that wad pretty entertaining.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I've seen those - gone in 60 seconds without having to get in the car. It is entertaining especially as there are very large notices saying what will happen to unauthorised parking and some people read them after parking and before walking away.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes (in Huston IIRC). It became so popular they ran themselves out of business, since people began to recognise the place, and realise those "Do not park here" signs actually meant what they said.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Here is a quotation from the Telegraph this morning, relaying news about Montana's banning of TikToK: A spokesperson for TikTok told NBC News: “The bill’s champions have admitted that they have no feasible plan for operationalising this attempt to censor American voices and that the bill’s constitutionality will be decided by the courts."

Operationalising ? Ye gods, where did that come from? it goes along with my favourite Americanism, heard spoken by Johnny Carson, when he talked about somebody 'conceptualising' something, instead of using the plain word 'conceive'.

They walk among us...

Reply to
Davey

Multiple! Whatever happened to 'several' or 'many'?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Recent things that have annoyed me

Pictures on the front of food packets that don't represent what is inside the packaging.

Fruit pies that show a fully stuffed pastry crust with identifiable fruit but what's really inside the crust is a thin layer of red syrup and mainly air. Chicken pies also showing a fully stuffed pastry case with chicken but inside a gravy pie with one microscopically small square of reconstituted chicken. Both the above were well known branded products sold at the higher end of the price range and not some own brand discounted product.

Reply to
alan_m

And then there is 'administrate'...

Reply to
Bob Eager

What absolutely enrages me is the inherent contempt shown by advertisers for the intelligence of their customers.

Blatant Afro Caribeans dancing improbably (as we know all Afro Carribeans do), because they have managed to sell their car...

Mincing nancy boys assuring us of where our new car is best coming from, if we are afro Caribbean.

Its sexist, its racist, its offensive to gay people and 'normal' people, and all it does is make sure I never buy any product from them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, I think that I have been dissuaded from buying something because of the adverts. more often than I have been enticed successfully to buy.

Reply to
Davey

"at this point in time" (for "now"...)

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

burglarize ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I am irritated by the mispronunciation of, "homage" when it is pronounced as, "homahj".

Were your car to be in a collision you would not say that it had sustained DAMAHJ.

Reply to
gareth evans