Completely and utterly OT - People annoy me

Planet Rock get a day or two advanced ticket sales over Joe Public. Paul Rodgers at Blackpool Opera House, April 2011, so I email 10 people who may be interested. 6 say yes, get me a ticket, 3 say they can't make it and one says it's too far ahead, I don't know what I'll be doing then. WHAT?????

I say, if you want to go, book the ticket and then if anything else crops up later, you just say sorry, going to see Paul Rodgers that day - he's dithering.

Is it just me or is he fekkin' stoopid???????

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Stupid or likes Paul Rogers in a "haven't got anything to do, already clipped my toenails, flossed my widget, so might as well... " kind of way.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In article , Pete Zahut writes

Maybe he's just not that into you ;-)

Reply to
fred

You should just run him over with your car. That's what I did today to a fat bastard that annoyed me.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Reply to
John Rumm

And says what? The fatty did not take my number plate so he cannot report me.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

and say "this guy on usenet just admitted..."

PS. You did not do a very good job if he was still breathing ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Pete Zahut :

It's just you. If you really don't understand "it's too far ahead", take it from me that he meant "no". That's obvious to me even though I have no idea who Paul Rodgers is.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

You think you're annoyed now? Just wait until some of your 6 "definites" start pulling out. Make sure you have their cash in your wallet before ordering anything.

Reply to
pete

Nah, his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April". Even though I was drunk when I posted this last night (after works christmas do) his attitude still doesn't make sense to me now when I'm sober.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Could be Fred :-)

Reply to
Pete Zahut

As I've just said in my reply to Tim Watts, his exact words were, "Wow, I'd love to see Paul Rodgers but it's just to far ahead to know what I'll be doing in April", which doesn't sound like "no" to me.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Oh I'm not that daft my friend - already been paid by all of them :o)

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Is it "I" or "we" as far as he's concerned? i.e. he may wonder if school hols are around that time ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

"Pete Zahut" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Simple. "OK, no prob. I'm booking these this pm - so I won't get you one."

Reply to
Adrian

What's wrong with that statement? I haven't a clue what I'll be doing in April, I could be sat on me bum doing nothing of flying around the world working. The former is most likely unless the date happens to be a Saturday in which case I might be (working) at a footy match.

Wage slaves don't quite appreciate that for freelancers on dailies or short term contractors work takes precidence over almost everything. One has to eat, or have money to squan^H^H^H^Hpend on concerts!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It still does to me. And unless you decided to buy a ticket for him, I'd say that in the end that's what it meant to you too.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Hmm, he has got kids but I thought that the school year was mapped out and tabled in advance so that parents know when holidays are? We haven't got kids so I don't know about such things.

Reply to
Pete Zahut

They are if you have the nouse and/or can be arsed to look.

It's surprising how many people don't know how to google stuff, or even suppose that it might even exist.

I do suppose that East Sussex country council *will* publish the term dates for the entire year - but I also know that it will be impossible to locate via their website - so GoogleTime...

What they don't publish are the endless bloody "inset days" that involve me or SWMBO taking another day off to cover. Sure we never had those (2/term) 30 years ago...

FFS I get 30 days annual leave + B/H and I use it *all* just covering this stuff...

OTOH you can also find school terms for regions in France, Belgium etc - so it is possible to plan a half-term break there when their grotty oiks are still in school - that's priceless :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes but without looking I wouldn't have a clue what the actual dates are. Come on, without looking, off the top of your head, when is Easter in 2011?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice