Things that people believe from Tradesmen

On a recent holiday overseas I rented a villa. One toilet cistern was taking hours to refill after a flush. After a few days it wasn't filling at all so we abandoned using it. (there was another). A few weeks later I enquired of the owner if it had been fixed and was told that the plumber had to replace the cistern because it had been worn out due to people constantly trying to flush it. I guess that replacing it also replaced the flexible pipe which was probably blocked so the job was a success! What amazes me is that some people are so gullible and accept (immovably) what they have been told.

Any other examples?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

See my 'Bloody plumbers' post for a start...! David

Reply to
Lobster

Wasnt Turkey by any chance! I have a place there and every year at the start of the season the toilets are usually not flushing due to sediments in the water, to overcome this the turk manufacturers fit filters to everything and guess what? the filters block with sediment, since taking the filters off the inlet to the float and the wash machine inlet all works fine. they even put them on the taps, its a solution that causes more probs than it fixes. The 1st thing the turks do is take all the filters off. In any case its a 2 minute job to clear the filter.

Reply to
SS

Wasnt Turkey by any chance! I have a place there and every year at the start of the season the toilets are usually not flushing due to sediments in the water, to overcome this the turk manufacturers fit filters to everything and guess what? the filters block with sediment, since taking the filters off the inlet to the float and the wash machine inlet all works fine. they even put them on the taps, its a solution that causes more probs than it fixes. The 1st thing the turks do is take all the filters off. In any case its a 2 minute job to clear the filter.

Canaries. I think your idea is probably spot on. The adjacent bidet was okay.

Reply to
DerbyBoy