OT: More bad news for harry...

Yes. As long as you tug your forelock enough and do *exactly* what they (the Linux geeks, not ordinary Linux users) then they throw their toys out the pram. They do this (of course) because they lack empathy.

No, I fully understand that not doing things other people insist I do (like (intentionally [1]) 'Learn Linux' ...?) means they might throw their toys out of the pram. However, I CGAF if that's what they do because it's their problem.

BS. Cite?

Bwhaha. I have *always* tried and applied any solution that is within my means. What normally happens (as with the newly built Mint machine I mentioned here previously that runs W10 fine but crashes with most Lini) is the Linux Geeks realise they have no answer so then as a means of distraction they throw their toys out of the pram (normally quickly followed by the announcement of their killfile (because that makes them feel like 'men') and save them any further embarrassment as they dig themselves deeper into their caves).

Indeed and about typical of any 'help' ever offered by the Tomlinson stalker / troll. I don't blame him though ... he can't help it (or himself). ;-(

Cheers, T i m

[1] As a hobby, interest or lifestyle choice, something I've never done (or wanted to do) with any other OS I've *used* in the past and yet I seem ok with those?
Reply to
T i m

'Expect'?

'Think / mainly' ...?

Talk about being sensitive.

Just because someone doesn't agree with what someone (especially disagreeing with someone who is an advocate or fanatic about something that is of no / minority interest to most of the population) doesn't make that person a troll.

I *use* Linux, I used it to run a broadband speed test for a mate and some PowerLine adaptors this very afternoon in fact, on a laptop that booted Windows 10 and Mint 17.3. and because the test didn't need anything Windows specific I used Linux .

If I wanted to access Usenet from Mint I can use Pan, something that describes itself as being an 'Forte Agent Clone'. Whilst it works it doesn't do everything for me that Agent does.

If I want to quickly edit a photo (rotate, crop, lower the res) then I would use Irfanview and haven't found anything as good on Linux.

If I want to image or burn an ISO then Imgburn is better (more predictable) than anything I have found on Linux so far (apart from Nero for Linux).

If I want to help someone remotely I can use Teamviewer for Linux ... which is actually Windows Teamviewer running under WINE.

If I want to run many of the free car diagnostic utilities out there, very few offer Linux versions and it's stupid trying to run Windows software on Linux when it's easier and often more straightforward to run them directly on Windows (OpCom / Forscan etc).

If I want to network scan from my Samsung or Ricoh MFP colour Lasers I can't do that from Linux.

None of the above are made up or me trolling as they are real and quantifiable facts but facts that some (and a tiny minority of Linux geeks I have to add) feel need to argue with or deny for some reason only known to them. ;-(

Even TNP (a Linux evangelist and known Windows FUD spreader ) admits he has to run Windows because he can't run all he wants under Linux!

But then he has also admitted he only uses his Linux machines as glorified typewriters and if that's all I used my PC's for then I could probably use Linux (as my daily desktop) as well. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m