OT: Mnemonic for mass of the earth

You wake up one morning to find the lawns of your country estate covered in molehills. So you send out your gardener to catch the moles, and in the evening he returns with a sack full of them - 10 kilograms of moles.

The mass of the earth is 10 moles of kilograms.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Comes under the heading of slightly interesting information but of no practical use.

I have a job remembering people's names. It would be handy if you could help with this.

Reply to
harryagain

/I have a job remembering people's names. It would be handy if you could help with this./q

I'll bet you don't forget how much you're screwing out of the green bollox FITs......

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I too have a problem remembering names. Now I link the name to an object or some such. For example for some reason I could never remember Joanna Lumle ys name but then I thought Joanna/piano . Now when I want to remember her n ame I think piano and then her name comes quickly to mind. I have numerous examples of this. Don't know why it works but it does

Reply to
fred

It's the teeth.

Reply to
harryagain

At one time you could buy worktops with a moulded in rear upstand. Expensive. Haven't seen them for years though.

Reply to
harryagain

On 01 May 2015, "Phil L" grunted:

Why did the sack weigh 10 kg? not 5 kg? or 20 kg?

Or was it 5 moles of kilograms? Or 20 moles?

Not sure this mnemonic really works, does it?

Well not so much, because this Useful Tip only works for Planet Earth.

Reply to
Lobster

I think you mean: e.g. which means 'for example'. i.e. means 'that is'.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Are these worktops fitted with a fall to the front? I've heard people extolling that (I think so no risk liquids seep behind units and rot them). I've always thought it might be better to fit worktops with a slight fall to the back so eg eggs (and spilt liquids) don't end up on the floor. But I have failed to find a summary of the pros and cons, let alone the results of experimental set-ups to evaluate different angles empirically. Not even from Germany or in the Wiki :) Is there a consensus among the cognoscenti?

Reply to
Robin