OT: Manufacturers Claims

A while back I changed the razors I used partly due to the claim that a fou r head pack would give up to 13 weeks shaving. Now I never really expected to achieve that but find that I am lucky to achieve half that duration. I d o not have the chin of Desperate Dan but can only surmise that the test sub ject that achieved 13 weeks was one of Adam's apprentices with mere bum flu ff for a beard. Is this going to be the next VW type scandal? The price of replacement blades seems to rise with little regard to the rate of inflatio n, where is all this cheap Chinese steel? Certainly not in my razors, or ma ybe it is and that explains the lack of duration?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

"up to"

means just what it says, i.e. very little

Reply to
Mike Barnes

our head pack would give up to 13 weeks shaving. Now I never really expecte d to achieve that but find that I am lucky to achieve half that duration. I do not have the chin of Desperate Dan but can only surmise that the test s ubject that achieved 13 weeks was one of Adam's apprentices with mere bum f luff for a beard. Is this going to be the next VW type scandal? The price o f replacement blades seems to rise with little regard to the rate of inflat ion, where is all this cheap Chinese steel? Certainly not in my razors, or maybe it is and that explains the lack of duration?

It's not a razor intended for wimmin is it?

Reply to
harry

Richard

There is only one razor worth using. It is the Gillette Mach 3.

Reply to
ARW

I use one of those funny 240 Volt things from the Pound Shop.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That's the one I've used for years, I agree.

Reply to
Bod

Nice heavy metal safety razor handle with double edge blades.

Reply to
HarpingOn

Does anyone believe there's any difference (other than price and colour of plastic) between the power and non-power versions of Gillette blades?

Reply to
Andy Burns

HarpingOn explained :

I've not used one of those for decades, but I ordered one earlier in the week and separately some Gillette/ Wilkinson blades for it. £2 for

20 delivered, but they are no longer even made in the UK, they come from India.

I did look some while ago at buying and having a go with a cut throat, but decided it was probably just too risky.

Certainly I am fed up of the astronomical and rising cost of the modern multi-blade razors.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's as may be. Personally I'm fed up with people who say "fed up of".

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater laid this down on his screen :

Well personally, I get fed up of people complaining about me being fed up!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Good luck with that. I tried one and after 2 weeks of perseverance, decided I preferred to keep my blood on the inside. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+