OT Magic trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7tRr49qZfo

So, how do you account for this well known trick?
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 23:24:04 -0700 (PDT), harry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEkL0yHQaI

--

Chris

On 07/09/2019 07:24, harry wrote:

Its so obvious it doesn't really need anything to explain it. Just look at the damn bar at the end.
On 07/09/2019 07:24, harry wrote:

4 x 1/4 = 1
--
Robin
On 07/09/2019 07:24, harry wrote:

At the end, the third row from the bottom is slightly thinner than the others.
--
Max Demian

Max Demian wrote:

Only 3 out of 4 columns of it are ...
On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 23:24:04 -0700 (PDT), harry

I now know why all the clapped out geriatrics in the UK have fallen for PPI and why they send so much money to Nigerian bankers with tons of unaccounted gold :-)
AB

you really can't work it out for yourself

Nice one. I think I've worked it out: I presume lines that are supposed to be parallel aren't.

No you havent.

http://andyburns.uk/misc/chocolate-trick.png

Ah, the difference is that the combined length is shorter. I hadn't spotted that. I wondered whether the difference was that the diagonal edges of the two pieces were not quite parallel, and that the area of the extra piece was the area of a triangular air gap between the pieces. But I was wrong.

there is a similar trick where that's the answer
but not this one
tim

On 08/09/2019 13:51, tim... wrote:

Niope. A diaginal cut - a single one - cant be at a different angle top to bottom It is the fact that the diagonal cuty by slideing te top piece relative to the bottom shortens the stack.
By enough to leave a bit left over when the other bits are cut and rearranged

--
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

nope
On Sunday, 8 September 2019 13:49:18 UTC+1, tim... wrote:

The answer is that the row with the diagonal cut has become shorter in the vertical axis. Not immediately obvious because he's left a light space on the diagonal cut where it's been re=assembled..