OT - Lights going out in three years

How do you know they are good, have you tested them ?

Trouble is that's not really true, isn;t Dawkins a zooloigist rather than a cosmologist ? The FACT is that the universe contains less matter than expected, hence the search dark matter and dark energy.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Life is simple if you have a good guru. I told you about my guru in an earlier message:

> The God Delusion is a 2006 bestselling[1] non-fiction book by English > biologist Richard Dawkins, professorial fellow of New College, > Oxford,[2][3] and inaugural holder of the Charles Simonyi Chair for > the Public Understanding of Science at the University of Oxford.

If you can read, you will see that my guru understand how science works. Then he also understand that climate denialists suffer from a delusion. He is a good guru.

cosmologist ?

search dark matter and dark energy.

If you need a guru for the cosmos, I can recommend Alexander Friedmann:

Reply to
Jo Stein

In message , mark writes

geoff

In message , harry writes

Err .. "dice" is plural

would you like to rethink that one ?

Reply to
geoff

So... what's the singular of "sheep"?

The language is shifting on that one. Meantime I've spent half the afternoon with a guy talking about indexes.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Ewe, ram, lamb or tup, depending on where you are and its age.

Reply to
John Williamson

Lamb chop? The dice is cast? No WAY!

Vile bad form, that.

I get hot under the collar listening to F1 commentators talking about 'apexes' but sadly its now 'acceptable'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This has nothing to do with anything. The singular of dice is die.

For extra points you get to tell us what the singular of criteria is.

Reply to
Tim Streater

If you live on the welsh borders, prolly "hello you sexy thing, what are you doing tonight?"

Reply to
geoff

that's easy. Criterion

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's a SINGLE sheep...

Reply to
polygonum

Does Harry look like a two timer?

Reply to
geoff

Eventually gave in and looked it up in Wiki:

shoop (plural sheep)

(chiefly humorous) A sheep; specifically singular form of sheep. ? [quotations ?] 2001: ?A Magee?, alt.fan.british-accent (Google group): Better Living Through Spam, the 13th day of January at 9:54am

2001: ?Rick Lalonde?, alt.security.alarms (Google group): Baaah Humbug, the 28th day of March at 7:29pm

The process is quite simple: with the sheep firmly planted in the boots, the shepherd???let?s call him Rumplestiltskin for arguement?s sake???sneaks up behind the sheep (or the singular shoop) and inserts his feet in the boots behind the shoop.

2002: ?R H Draney?, alt.usage.english (Google group): Agendae, the 15th day of January at 7:37am
2002: ?Jared of Europa?, rec.games.computer.ultima.online (Google group): Tailors ahoy!, the 6th day of November at 6:50pm
2009: ?TimC?, alt.sysadmin.recovery (Google group): inept customer service, the 21st day of August at 12:33pm

If the plural of moose is meese the singular of sheep must be shoop.

polygonum

Well I expected *you* to know. I was asking harry.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Well, absolutely not.

Alea iacta est.