OT: Latest Amazon witticism

As I had to do a bit of work recently on my server, I spent some time moving a display from one system to another. So to avoid this in future I ordered one of these:

and two HDMI cables, a 0.3 and a 0.9 metre. The stuff came today and I started by opening the cable boxes. I opened the small one for the short cable and out came a long cable. So I started cursing that I'd ordered the wrong cables and opened the larger one, only to find that the comedians at Amazon had put the short cable in it.

I'd ordered the right cables (for my needs), but the Amazon Joke Dept must have repackaged them for grins.

Reply to
Tim Streater
<snip>

Yeah, course, they have all the time in the world to play silly jokes like that.

More likely you opened both boxes and forgot what came in which, because you are senile. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Maybe the Cider was just a bit too good? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I think you credit them with too much intelligence.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

:-)

Well that has brightened my day as well as theirs!

Reply to
newshound