Dishwasher service manual? Can you get these? Lamona LAM8670 water leak.

So, I have removed the kick board and run the loaded dishwasher and can now see where the water is coming from. Not much help, really, without knowing what is behind the panel.

My next step was to look for a service manual to see what the internals of the dishwasher were.

Not available from Howdens. They will arrange for a service engineer to call.

Not obviously available from other sources. It is quite possible that there isn't one for end users.

If I take it apart I would have to be able to order parts as well, which would involve a chat with Howdens I assume to source them.

Has anyone worked on this particular appliance and has some idea where and what the main bits are?

Back in the day (thinking of washing machines) they were easy to take apart and didn't have much in them that was complicated. As with newer cars, I have no idea what is inside.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Since Lamona is a whitelabel, first you need to find out who actually made it.

If I search for 'Lamona LAM8670' I find a few 'spares' sites. This page has some parts diagrams:

Given the writing on the bottom has 'Date/Tarih' and 'Su sistemi' which appears to be Turkish, I suspect it's made by Beko.

That's confirmed if I start searching around for part numbers found on that page. (It helps to focus on more model-specific parts like detergent dispensers, door parts and PCBs rather than generic switches or hoses).

You could probably work out what Beko model it relates to with some deeper searching. But Beko don't publish service information, so I'm not sure it helps a lot.

(A Ukrainian site claims to have a cache of Beko service information:

but it'll be 2 hours before the slow download finishes to find out what's in there)

These things are cost-optimised, so there's nothing in there that doesn't need to be. However they're designed to be assembled fast and never touched after, so they may not be the easiest to work on.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

The .zip downloaded successfully. There is a pile of Arcelik (ie Beko) service info there, but it's mostly from 2005. So no newer things in there.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I've no idea about that specific model, but many dishwashers are basically similar. Haynes publish a generic dishwasher repair manual - which might provide some clues if all else fails.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have found YouTube useful on occasions when repairing white goods without a manual.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thank you for that useful information.

I was suspicious because my search of Which? included a Beko which had a good review and which had a very similar feature list.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Thanks.

Fore reassembly follow the reverse of the above steps.....

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Any good? I suspect not as it was trivial to find so I must assume you already found and discarded it.

Reply to
soup

It's no wonder they trade under the name Beko. To top it off, Arcelik is part of Koc Holding!

Reply to
Mathew Newton