OT (ish): bulk buys of arabica roasted coffee beans

Fed up of paying supermarket prices for my nice strong coffee. Where the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ? Cheers, Si.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

No idea on how good the price is, but plenty of people around here rave about

and get the stuff delivered.

Looks pricy to me, but then I like nescafe instant :)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

sm_jamieson :

Mike Barnes

best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a c= ouple of kilos at a time) ?

We buy ours from Costco. A small selection, but all are good. They do: Kirkland (own brand) in 1.36kg bags at about =A39.50. Currently Sumatran, last month was Guatemalan. San Francisco Bay - 1kg bags for about =A38.99. A couple of versions Starbucks in 900g bags for about =A38 - =A39. Espresso blend and house blend.

andrew

sm_jamieson wrote on Nov 1, 2011:

I've used these:

Mike Lane

place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

Seconded - Costco's Columbian is particularly good.

We really got hooked on good coffee while on holiday in Costa Rica where they take it very seriously - it's illegal to grow robusta there for example.

Reply to
Reentrant

Partner was given a subscription for this last year - gets a bag a week (Saturday morning without fail). And had some very interesting and different coffees. At the end of the gift period she paid for an extended period. And you can watch each week's video about where it came from.

Failing that, Sainsbury currently have Lavazza black on the best price I've seen for a while. And that is our base coffee that we always revert to.

Reply to
polygonum

place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

djc

e best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a= couple of kilos at a time) ?

Where would people recommend for tea?

NT

Reply to
NT

ARWadsworth

best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

Proper tea is theft (allegedly) :-)

Wherever it comes from, my favourite is English Breakfast.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

Still much, much more expensive than Belgium, recently in a supermarket there I saw coffee beans from around 3.50 Euros per kilo and good[ish] coffee was only around 5 Euros.

Reply to
tinnews

best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

Same as above, ( I usually go to Drury)

Reply to
djc

best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say a couple of kilos at a time) ?

Yup!

We've been bringing this back for years:

Terry Casey

Can you buy from Adams Russel directly at their unit in the Argyle Ind Est? I live on the Wirral and have also been looking for a supplier of coffee beans and would like to choose and pick up an order from them directly if possible.

Reply to
stephen.hull

the best place to get good roast arabica beans in reasonable quanities (say= a couple of kilos at a time) ?

cheers

NT

Reply to
NT

OK thanks for that, I'll give them a ring.

Reply to
stephen.hull