How to sell a bl**dy great storage vessel ??

As a result of a company going bust I have inherited a huge vessel in lieu of storage charges. I don't want it and need to sell it in order to recoup some of the loss. Cylindrical thing made in 2002 and of fibreglass (?), taken out of of service in 2005 and in excellent order. Approx 13m long x 4m dia. Capacity 162000 litres. Weighs about 7 tonnes. Used for water storage on one contract only.

150mm outlet each end and two large inspection covers at the top. Has two loose, steel fabricated, bearers. I can transport it to anywhere in the UK. Moving abnormal loads is my business.

How on earth do I go about selling such a thing ? This isn't an advert, I just need some advice on how best to sell it. Please.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Ebay, or ask the manufacturer whether there is a market for them second hand. Both have worked for me in disposing of unwanted factory equipment.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Get people to climb inside, then roll it down a hill, and get people to pay you for the privilege.

Reply to
GB

Put dennis inside it and we will contribute to your financial losses.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

E-bay.

Water storage. I recall a thread on another forum in which someone had used bought a milk tanker as a water storage tank for a well system. Someone will find a use for it, but I doubt that they'd be prepared to pay any price comparable with the new cost.

Reply to
Onetap

at x pence per gallon to fill it?

Reply to
djc

You fill it if you want to. I'd just seal it:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ebay very useful item for small market gardens, and not as large as something like this

Mark

If that was the one that was 'parked' in a side-tunnel of its own making, it was 'buyer collect'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Report"!

-- Ian

Reply to
Ian

built.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Quite a few people would like that for underground storage / bunker.

Remember Ebay has used equipment brokers trawling it regularly, it is not just "retail & spare bedroom junk".

Reply to
js.b1

Thank you. I have spoken with the makers, they were decidedly unhelpful and imagine they want to sell their own product rather than assist the used market. Will try again with a perhaps different approach. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Paint some curtains on the inside and sell it as used in Cannery Row.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Whilst I agree with others that eBay is probably the best bet, you could ask on uk.rec.gardening where some professional garden centre types lurk. They can doubtless at least point you to a trade magazine.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

It could form the basis of an ice house, suitably buried...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Stuff them, then. Google the maker's name and see if you can find out where they advertise the originals - some useful contacts might be made that way.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon