OT: Insurance company trying to fleece me?!

Discovered belatedly that my daughter's old car had non-standard wheels and tyres, technically a "modification". We never declared it as we were unaware of it. *Probably* wouldn't have been a problem if we had made a claim but it made me uncomfortable thinking about "what ifs".

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They did have a valid point, though.

It attracted attention to the car and probably increased the risk of vandalism by those who have major issues with Christianity.

Reply to
SteveH

I certainly would refuse i8nsurance to anyone who 'puts their trust in Jesus'

As they mostly seem to put their trust in other drivers finding a way round them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have never quite worked out why the sticker makers think Christians have a problem with evolution though (American creationist nuts excepted of course)

Reply to
John Rumm

True. In my case I have had some involvement with the Darwin family....

Reply to
Bob Eager

What they lack in brains is sometimes made up for in other ways:

Showed to that the son (who is a lifelong mini palaeontologist):

"Stupid @~?!!?##@?*!!! etc etc"

Showed that to the wife:

"She's got big t*ts" (or words to very similar effect). Interesting what women notice...

Reply to
Tim Watts

They can't take you money from you without your say so. If they do you just tell the bank to get it back. I recall going to a broker next to the publi c library in Stoke on Trent Swindle tons and asking for a quote. I had just come from the library and was waiting for the bus homew hen I thought I'd give it a go. The quotes I had online werew all in a few tens of pounds of

300.

Sintons looked me up and said we can get you something silly about 100 quid (or so -I forget.) I laughed at the absurdity. Surprised at my reaction he said: Well it is the lowest we have on our search, look.

I saw what he said there, got up grinning and walked out. I imagine he thou ght I was going to haggle with a crook.

Just go elsewhere. Don't even stay to tell them why.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Can't see that they're authorised to take the £304.54 off your credit card. If they do, then you should obtain a dispute form from the credit card company and state that the taking was unauthorised. The insures will get a knock on their charging facility with the card.

Reply to
johannes

They can be quite competitive.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Its good fun to ask them why evolution is just one of gods tools.

Reply to
dennis

Do keep up. This was all settled amicably back on the 25th!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I do keep up, I did read before my reply! My reply was generalising; suppose it happens to other people or other similar situations. Please don't nanny me. Write only if you can contribute ideas or observations.

Reply to
johannes

Your use of "if they do, then" rather implied that you were unaware of the situation.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+
[...]

My use of "they" made it unspecific to the particular company, i.e. generalising the issue.

Reply to
johannes