OT How to remove these type of heater hose fittings off VW caddy

I'm trying to get the hoses of a VW Caddy Van so i can flush the heater matrix.

The spring clips on the hoses themselves are tricky to get off but there are plastic fittings which join the hose to the heater pipe(s). So I thought to try and get them off instead (can always hope is easy). Anyway, I managed to remove the fitting clip

but can't budge the fitting off the heater pipe! Do they pull off? Or twist or.. what? I don't want to use too much force in case they aren't meant to come off. tia

Reply to
dave

The are pretty standard "quick release" connectors. Try to twist *just the coupling* gently. If they don't pull off with moderate effort after removing the clip the rubber seal is probably quite poorly*. Probably wise to check if the seals are available from VW before proceeding further :)

*Or they are "welded" into place by corrosion, in which case the matrix is probably scrap anyway. ;)
Reply to
Lee

What about the other end of the hoses? If they come off easier flush from there. Mike

Reply to
Muddymike