How to join rainwater pipe to rainwater pipe cut off at ground level.

Hi All,

Some time ago I removed a short section of rainwater pipe (approx 8-10 inch es) in order to fit a retrofit plastic above ground grid thingy. I may hav e to reverse this in order to make our replacement single skin oil tank Oft ec compliant (thus avoiding the cost of a bunded tank).

What is the best way to go about this? Will there be a suitable fitting to join (in an oil tight manner to the cut off bit thats buried in the ground ? Or can I butt join them and seal (perhaps silicon followed by a mortar f illet?)

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

Surprised you can get away with a chnage of oil tank without it having to be bunded these days. Or is the drain you are trying to seal affecting a bund that is not part of the tank?

You can get "drop in" collars. One of those well silicone sealed or possibly solvent welded(*) in place should do. Might have to replace more of the down pipe so you don't have any more joins than absolutely required below the prospective oil level in the bund should a full tank leak.

(*) Check plastic types and suitablity of sealing goop to make a good reliable joint. I have a sneaky feeling that silicone won't bond to "down pipe plastic" in any lasting manner, but not sure that "down pipe plastic" is solvent weldable...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice