OT:How many scrappies do you get ?

Just had a new one go past today. That means we get 3 different scrappies daily. And 2 ice-cream vans.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

If one wants to swing past here, I've got a stack of stuff for him...

Reply to
Adrian

On Monday 03 June 2013 10:11 Jethro_uk wrote in uk.d-i-y:

We have a night service to avoid disruption to your daily routine. You go to bed, and when you wake up, your lead roof is gone. They must be very professional as noone ever sees or hears them.

Reply to
Tim Watts

An endless procession. Mean residence time of anything metal at my front gate is about 20 mins. Once you accept that things go, it's quite useful. I wish they'd take everything though - it would save skips and trips to the tip....

Reply to
GMM

None. Haven't seen either in the last twenty five years.

Reply to
Steve Firth

We get the same, and at least one of them has a conscience of sorts. "Do you take TV sets?" "Nah, mate, I'm not licenced for 'em"

uBggre. I had to take all 3 of them to the tip myself, and it was no fun lifting a 26 inch CRT set into the back of the Lard Roller on my own, I can tell you.

Reply to
John Williamson

The next door neighbout is a licenced scrap dealer.

Reply to
ARW

The ice cream van in some student areas of Liverpool come round at 3am complete with musical chimes, and they don't sell ice cream.

Reply to
Graham.

Zero !

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

The ice cream van at some places I work at do play a different tune when they are selling cheap cigs as well as ice cream.

Reply to
ARW

In message , Graham. writes

That's because they're going too fast.