OT Heights

prepared to say that they could work on the top of there?

I wouldn't.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

golly, almost as tall as a wind turbine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would, I have little in the way of 'nerves' and don't get frightened easily.

Although when I raced sidecars (as a youthful passenger!) I always and without fail at the start-line, when I really needed to push the outfit to start it, wanted to pee myself!

The only time I've ever been properly scared was a couple of years ago. Recently diagnosed as Diabetic T2 I went to a party and had a 'hypo' .. I ran out of sugar completely .. poor diet that day, very hard work and little food and ny body just said "go away, I ain't doing this anymore" .. I had absolutely no control over my body, brain or the situation which is what really frightened me. Luckily the wife figured it out pretty quickly ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Good. I have some lights for you to fit.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I can barely watch the video, legs start to tingle They couldn't print enough money to get me up there.

Reply to
brass monkey

Rather there than in a coal mine.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

;) No problem .. though my knee hurts, and I can't look up much 'cos I broke me neck in a roof fall down t'pit many years ago .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Heights are OK, I'm frightened of imagining myself in a seriously confined space. I think stemming from being trapped in a blanket as a child.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Not me, there's nowhere far enough from the edge!

Reply to
Andy Burns

I wasn't too keen on clambering around the arms of an 80' telegraph pole, in the days before any safety gear apart from a leather belt you did up once in position, but fortunately I ended up inside.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

watched on a big screen

Reply to
OG

Doesn't impress me as much as this classic picture of guys with real s/s balls

Robin

My thoughts watching it were that it would be a lot easier if that bloomin' helicopter wasn't buzzing round distracting you. :-)

Reply to
John Williamson

+1
Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , ARWadsworth scribeth thus

I think once you get past a couple of hundred feet it all looks much the same.

In fact the few times I've been higher than that it seems less scary than painting the gutters on the gaff;!.

You just need absolute confidence in your safety harness;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Could be worse. Andrew Marr might join you

ARWadsworth

Indeed. Truly it is said that things can always get worse...

What was the cameraman standing on?

Reply to
John Williamson

Christ, that made my legs wobble, especially the last bit with the ladder made out of a few bolts

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

I once had a customer that appeared to be pissed up. It was my second visit to that house and I knew he was not pissed up, it had to be something else. I rummaged through the kitchen cupboards and the fridge to find evidence that he was diabetic before giving him a couple of chocolate biscuits.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Indeed. It's the thought of falling off and hitting something solid at the bottom which is off-putting ;-)

I could probably handle that if I absolutely had to, I think - but only with the harness. I wouldn't fancy doing it Fred Dibnah-style...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson