OT - guess the year

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Yes, petrol had got really expensive by then - you could no longer get 5 gallons for a quid.

Reply to
hugh

Now you can't get a gallon for five quid.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Still haven't got to the hundred quid tank on mine yet, but the 50 quid limit on pay-at-pump is a bit of a joke :-)

Reply to
Clive George

Who imposes a 50 quid limit?

I regularly fill mine and pay at the pump with more than that.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Reply to
Tim Streater

My mastercard comes up with GBP90 or GBP99. Ample for 50L tanks

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

, =

That must have been why he looked so old and tired...

Reply to
polygonum

When I left school in the '80s my similar ambition was =A310,000 ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Mine still is, some years ;(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Well, I managed to crawl up to =A311,600 by the time I lost my job last year ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

I'm 10k down PA on what I was getting in 2006, but now I have:

1) 60 minutes less commute (10 mins borisbike vs 30-40 mins walking and tube from Charing Cross)

2) Therefore also 1.5k approx up again not needing a travelcard on my ticket, including now being able to buy Robertsbridge -> Oxted via London which is 400 quid or so cheaper PA than Robertsbridge->London (WTF?)

3) Guaranteed working from home each week

4) I'm in charge of what I do and the politics is low (for now).

Guess which one I prefer, now vs 2006? :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Lucky you If I let mine get close to empty it's over =A3100.

That must vary, but I rarely use Pay@Pump and avoid Asda for that very reason (I don't think nay of thier stations have a kiosk now). The =A3100 limit at kiosks was a PITA last time fuel was around =A31.30 but that has disappeared this time around.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My first job in 1973 paid £750, and was promised I might be earning as much as £3,000 by age 30. I left after a month and a year later I was getting over £1200. and ten times that by my 30th birthday. Mostly inflation of course,

Reply to
djc

when I left university in 1952, we were told that the really goood ones will be earning £2000 a year by age 30.

Reply to
charles