OT:Grrrrr - Linux !

Been happily running Linux for years.

Been happily connecting in via X2Go - for years.

Been happily using Calibre - for years.

Calibre has stopped working. Clicking the icon - nothing.

Run from command line:

failed to get the current screen resources QXcbConnection: XCB error: 172 (Unknown), sequence: 163, resource id:

150, major code: 149 (Unknown), minor code: 20 The X11 connection broke: I/O error (code 1) XIO: fatal IO error 0 (Success) on X server ":50.0" after 368 requests (368 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Eh ?

Obviously Google.

And now the rub. This is clearly some sort of (old) bug.

Loads of reports - no fixes. And I doubt there will be, given I see the mouse problem I reported in 2007 is still in Ubuntu (every so often someone posts on my original bug report).

It was good while it lasted.

I guess you get what you pay for ...

(And say what you will about Microsoft, I have worked with 2 *very* senior engineers who MS sent to our server room, when we were able to reproduce an extremely subtle bug in the TCP/IP-DCOM (as was) stack. They left us with a custom patched DLL while they fixed it in a service pack).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I had that.

I think I had to create a new instance of it and import the old library. Its some kind of corrupted configuration file

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TX - will have a dekko later ...

Reply to