Silencing a genarator the professional way

What do you do when you are a developer who has moved in residents in a new development under construction before the mains gets connected. You put in a couple of generators that annoy people so much that you get a noise abatement notice put on you.

Do you then go and get some professional advice on how to comply, nah, that would probably mean spending too much, You get a site chippy to build a wooden box around them.

On the bright side the residents some of whom were moved in that morning won't need to organize their own house warming.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I had to chuckle at the source of that video...

Adrian

Are you talking to yourself again?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. when looking for photos which showed the box the video of the incident I found on their own site was the only pic of one I found but decided it was safer to provide a link through You Tube as I didn't know if their site was safe having never heard of them.. At the time the BBC didn't show the wooden boxes but they have now updated and have some better still pictures of one before the fire.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

What has that got to do with the thumbnail you linked to?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I didn't link to a thumbnail you twit , I first linked to a You tube link and susequently one on the BBC.

G.Harman.

Reply to
damduck-egg

from another place

We thought the developer was trying to burn the flats down to claim on the insurance. It seems they built to the rejected, higher, plans. Not those later, approved, reduced height ones.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Ok what has that got to do with the thumbnail 'Adrian' linked to?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

well I suppose he lifted the thumbnail of You tube or somewhere. When I looked for some footage the first lot I found and at the time the only bit with a scene of the wooden case around the generator on it was from some outfit calling themselves UKNIP which apparently means UK News in Pictures. They seem to have modeled their initials very closely on UKIP , why you'll have to ask them. Having never seen them around before I didn't want to put a link straight to their site in case it was clickbait or worse so used You Tube instead which people are familier with. As far as the story goes the Logo is irelevant it was just the logo of some video supplier to You Tube , why Adrain put the link to it you'll have to ask him not me.

G.Harman

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

There's no Freude like Schadenfreude. :)

Reply to
GB

Yes I'm assuming from your comments that the expected fire occurred shortly after enclosing the generator with no ventilation?

Are they limiting the number of brain celss people get these days or what? The best generator silencing I saw was somebody who had a hole dug and it lowered into it. the hole then flooded and the generator was a write off and never made a noise again.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The quote I particularly like is:

"Developer Renaissance Retirement said the "noise-reducing" material was purpose-built, fireproof and had been supplied by qualified noise consultants."

Looking at the picture, this must be a re-definition of the term "fireproof".

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David