OT: Garbage Data Used to Support Climate Change Hoax

This can be no accident. The siting of temperature recording facilities in preposterous locations like airport runways gives the game away. The data they're using for their alarmist predictions are garbage and you know what that means: garbage in, garbage out.

Cursitor Doom

ITYM "in the open spaces near (FSVO "near") runways". What's preposterous about that? What do you suppose happens to hot exhaust gases from aircraft engines? Think physics. Take your time now.

Here's some more enlightenment for you:

Custos Custodum

It's worse than that. He claims to have spent a lot of time and money on getting of peer-reviewed scientific papers from the 1890's, which report high - if erratic - CO2 measurements taken in laboratories heated by coal fires in cities heated by coal fires, lit by burning coal gas, and housing small, but horribly inefficient coal-fired electricity generators

He goes on to rejects the much better and faster and more recent measurements made by physical methods. Charles Keeling used automated infra-red absorbtion spectroscopy back in 1958 and could make enough reliable measurements fast enough to realise that he had to put his CO2 observatory at the top of Manua Loa on Hawaii to get stable and reproducible results.

According to Cursitor Doom, Charles Keeling was already part of a world wide conspiracy to foist anthropogenic global warming on the world.

If you happen to share Cursitor Doom's addiction to utterly preposterous conspiracy theories,you might even take him seriously.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Sorry, Bill, I never said any such thing. And I've never even heard of any Charles Keeling.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, he got the idea that the atmospheric CO2 level was as high as it is now entirely from just one book and an antique edition of britannica which got it wrong and has since been updated in later editions.

He even stupidly ran the line that the amended britannica entry was forced on britannica by the climate change brigade and that only antique books have any value, not the internet.

And that was what forced britannica to fix their erroneous entry

I haven't noticed anyone that stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Absolute rubbish, Bill. You obviously have me confused with someone else. I put together a very short synopsis of the *documentary* evidence from print sources for those who can't be bothered to read the whole thing which I also made available online if anyone wants to see it.

Here's the short-cut evidence which clearly shows CO2 has remained at broadly the same level over the past 160 years - in clear contradiction to everything we are told today. It's only a 10 minute read:

Cursitor Doom

You're citing online sources which aren't worth jack. That's why I bought a ton of books and did my research the hard way - the *only* reliable way. Contrary to your hockey stick graph, my reference books show no noteworthy variation over the course of the 20th century, and unequivocally no sustained departure from 380ppm over the past 160 years. No matter how much CO2 was belched out during the most polluting century in human existence, the surplus was automatically re-absorbed by the plants and oceans, which keep these levels in perfect balance. Consequently, there is NO need for all this climate alarmism. It *has* to be a con job; a scam. The problem is 99.9% of people simply don't have the time to look into it properly as I did and just rely on the BS they get from the TV and radio. It's a *huge* unreported scandal.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think it's worse than that. Almost everyone has been conditioned to accept authority unconditionally. They find it difficult to even understand the concept of questioning what they are told on the TV.

The climate change thing has been around for half a century at least (though originally it was an ice age coming) so most people were originally fed it at school.

But look at the government/WHO COVID narrative, which only appeared in

2020. At first, everyone believed what they were told, including me, but after a few months it was clear that it was orders of magnitude less dangerous than we had been told. Even today, intelligent people still get 'vaccinated', though far fewer now than at first. There are still colleges in the USA requiring 'full' vaccination to attend, even though it is widely accepted that the vaccines, at the very least, neither prevent infection nor transmission.
Reply to
Joe

Well, I was vaccinated and stil caught Covid, But - it was no more than a bad cold. I only needed a day in bed to sleep it off. I hate to think what the effect would have been without vaccination. I knew at least one person

- my own age - who died of it!

Reply to
charles

I agree. Logically, to keep the elitists happy, vaccination should be avoided, and the money just transferred to the US.

Reply to
maus

In early 2020 I had a flu-like illness (as the doctors say) for two weeks during which I tested negative (PCR) for COVID. About a week after the symptoms cleared, I started testing positive, again for about two weeks, but with no symptoms. This was long before vaccines.

A couple of months later I was tested for COVID antibodies and was positive. In late 2021, after two vaccinations, I tested positive a couple of times but with no symptoms at all. It seems to be a many-faced illness.

Reply to
Joe

A lot of it *was* as bad as it was portrayed. Older people in urban environments were dropping like flies. I had occasion to be in hospital; and talked to the healthcare workers.

Out in the countryside, not so much.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1. I am not sure whether or not I had it, but I took all my shots and never got seriously ill, but I live in splendid rural isolation. Friends who got it who had been vaccinated didn't die.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

These are not "casual laboratory measures" but scrupulously carried out measurements of atmospheric concentrations of CO2 by highly qualified scientists. Yes, the Britannia articles have all the relevant citations. Going back through all my books to rescan those citations is not something I have the time or inclination to do currently, although I may do in future if enough people ask for them (you're the first and only so far). From what I have seen, all the major and most popular online sources have been compromised, and the same applies to the links Google provides to those sources when anyone searches for anything to do with historical CO2 levels. The discrepancy is too striking to be down to anything else but - dare I use word - a high level conspiracy.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Twice as long in bed! That was my experience of Covid without vaccination and I'm guessing I'm a good 10 years older than you. It was just like having a very short bout of flu. In fact I now refer to Covid as "48hr flu" 'cos that's what it gave me. A ton of fuss over nothing IME. Very little of Boris' measures were justified.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Joe snipped-for-privacy@jretrading.com wrote

That has never happened.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Bullshit they did. Plenty didnt.

More fool you.

Bullshit.

Because that does radically reduce the effect of getting infected.

Because it is nowhere near as big a problem as it once was, because so many did get vaccinated.

No one ever claimed they did. They do however radically reduce the risk of getting killed or hospitalised by it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And that is the main advantage of the vaccination, it radically reduces the effect of getting infected.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Indeed not. There was no point to the lockdown, as the disease was already widespread. Lockdowns are only of use when a disease is confined to a small area, as with MERS and the original SARS.

The issue over Boris' party was not so much that he broke the rules, which he knew were pointless, but that he imposed them on the rest of us. The same was true in the US where senators, themselves exempt from the requirement for vaccination, gathered together without masks, when they were served by waiters in masks.

Reply to
Joe

Are you in your 90s?

But he nearly died - pre vaccination.

Reply to
charles

At least the experts recognized that it's difficult to eat with a mask in place. We had restaurants and bars with masked servers and unmasked patrons.

Actually, the whole masking/distancing thing was absurd.

Reply to
john larkin