Glasgow climate change conference

Well f*ck all this climate change rubbish...I'm going up to Glasgow to protest about this conference with a big sign saying 'bring it on Glasgow has never had such a nice warm extended summer'

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Its the sun that causes it.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Oh well. Never mind.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well, if you don't know what you're on about, forget it. Just don't talk bollocks.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

What I am on about is that the CO2 hypothesis is no more than that. It is not, as it is usually presented, proven scientific fact. There is a correlation between CO2 levels and global temperatures, but there are plenty of correlations between demonstrably unrelated things:

What the all the climate change hypotheses lack is a causal link that can be supported by experimental data.

Reply to
nightjar

Perhaps you don't have children, it seems a feature of climate deniers.

I'd rather not take an unnecessary risk with our over-populated planet and leave some natural resources for our children and their children. YMMV

Reply to
Fredxx

You doubt that CO2 is a greenhouse gas?

Reply to
mechanic

It isn't a very convincing correlation.

BILL

Reply to
williamwright

I am not climate denier. I know that climate change is happening. I simply am not convinced that there is enough evidence that anybody actually know why.

I take the view that we should be spending money on preparing for climate change, rather than taking measures to prevent it based on an unproven hypothesis.

Reply to
nightjar

I didn't say that.

Reply to
nightjar

If you think the planet is overpopulated, what are you doing having children?

Reply to
Max Demian