OT Fuel subsidies.

The 1000 shares in Unilever that I bought in my ISA in 2009 for £18,000 are now worth about £50,000 and since 2009 the dividend has increased every year from about 40p/share in 2009 to about £1.32/share now.

This means I have received over £8,000 in dividends since 2009. This years total dividends will be £1,340.

When (if) I come to sell them, it will cost me £7.99 and one click of a mouse.

How much are your 2nd hand panels worth even now ?, and how much will the licensed waste removal contractor charge you to take away your dead panels, contaminated with cadmium and other nasties ?.

Reply to
Andrew

You never even read the article did you?

Reply to
harry

based on the nonsense rule that not charging VAT at 20% is a subsidy

tim

Reply to
tim...

you made a lucky choice

I have PEPs bought in 1997 with the initial 9,000 in now worth 15,000 (including dividends)

tim

Reply to
tim...

How is not charging a higher rate of tax a subsidy?

Anyway, if VAT was higher on fuel, it would still take the same energy to heat our house, cook our meals, run our PCs, etc. All it would mean is that I had less money available for gradually replacing things with newer, more efficient items.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Probably cos it is run by the biggest fossils on the planet. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff