OT: Freecycle Humour

"WANTED: Mobility scooter needed for very old couple."

Tandem, or side-by-side?

Reply to
Davey

Both are made.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

But very unlikely to be on Freecycle.

I must admit, I would like to see a tandem mobility scooter. I must search for that later.

Reply to
Davey

A late neighbour of mine used to have a side-by-side. I'm not sure it met the rules for pavement running as it was so wide that there really wasn't room to share the space.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Oddly enough, the regulations set a maximum width for a Class 3 invalid carriage, which may legally be driven on the road, of 0.85m, but no maximum width is set for a Class 2 invalid carriage, which are the ones designed for use on pavements.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

"You Pay £4,950.00 ex. VAT"

Range 22 miles

For that price, you can almost get a city car, with a higher speed.

Are you going to drive that thing around, inside Ikea ???

I could also find a "double-assed" chair version, but the chair part is only 31 inches wide. There are some big people in this world. and even 31 inches might not be enough for one of them.

*******

Beauty!

"22 feet long mobility scooter"

It should have a grocery basket on the back.

*******

I had to laugh. The other day, someone tried to shoplift at the store, by using one of the store mobility scooters. The basket was loaded up with TV dinners, and they were "making a run for it" at 5 MPH. A big fat chick was at the wheel. Classic bravado.

That same person, may have succeeded at that, at another store. Because a "gutted" (drive parts removed) mobility scooter of the same model, was seen outside and away from the store.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

New and electric?

It might be one of the few places where it would be legal to drive it. Under The Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970, to be used on the highway (which includes pavements) an invalid carriage must be constructed so as to carry only one person.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Golf carts, and then you can have a chauffeur :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Someone in the village tows a lawnmower behind his, on the public highway (backroads) when he does a bit of grass cutting for other people.

Reply to
Andrew

Had that at the airport.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I have seen one towing a small trailer. I haven't found anything to prohibit towing though.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

What if you don't have a chauffeur?

Reply to
GB

"Kevin Nicks added that he was motivated to make the record-breaking scooter in the wake of doing deals administration fixes for probability scooters."

Reply to
Animal

Yes indeed, some have three wheels. There is one being advertised on national radio that is supposed to be lightweight. The mind boggles. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes:

at launch, price has gone up of late due to supply chain troubles)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

That looks like an invalid carriage, even if it can go faster than they are permitted to under UK law.

That has, I think, taken the crown of ugliest vehicle from the Tesla Cybertruck.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

On 05 May 2023, Animal wrote

Is a "probability scooter" a mobility scooter that you can't rely on?

("It'll probably work...")

Cheers, Harvey

Reply to
HVS

It's probably one that runs on an Infinite Improbabilty Drive (c.f. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) and thus can appear absolutely anywhere in any Universe at the same time. Mine is in the early manual stage of development - luckily, as SWMBO currently only expects me to be in one or two places at the same time.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Messerschmitt or Isetta ?? :-)

Andrew