Mobility scooter reverse beeping

I have an older Solax Geni mobility scooter that I use in house, the reversing alarm is so loud that even my neighbours have asked me to turn it down or off. Can anyone tell me how to stop this screeching high pitch reverse beeper.

Reply to
Kimbo

find it, add a series resistor in 1 of the 2 leads, the higher the resistance the quieter.

Reply to
Animal

Reminds me of the tractors used on the farm opposite where we used to live. When we mentioned it to the old guy next door, he commented "Aye, the bloody things spend more time in reverse than going forward".

Reply to
NY

Pull the wires off!

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Much like the dust cart that services commercial properties around my way and reverses into the street at 5am/6am every couple of days.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes if you are lucky it will be a piezo electric one so you don't even need a high wattage restor. If its something else,either electro mechanical or a speaker driven by a circuit, you may need to get creative. If you don't want it at all then just cutting the wire will do, of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff