Medway Council.

Gone to the party that prioritises wokeism over workers, asylum seekers over services, and poofs over potholes.

We're doomed.

Reply to
Radio Man

Dear gutless coward, we don't give a f*ck.

Reply to
Julian Macassey

You probably won't like the results of the next General Election then.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

How dare you object to the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Dare I ask some context? Not everybody is on right wing dark web sites.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

totly

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Going by the results to hand, the Conservatives have done less badly than they feared, and Labour hasn’t done as well as expected. Although it will be dressed up as a victory for the latter party, it really isn’t that good a result for them.

Reply to
Spike

However, Labour is around 15 points ahead of the Conservatives in the polls. So, it doesn't look to be a question of whether Labour will win the next general election but by how much.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I dare say you may have missed an element of sarcasm here.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

And it is just a possiblity that the original "Radio Man" post was a parody rather than an expression of opinion.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

So what have I missed? I know, I'm a bloody foreigner but I can use Googel Trans-Layter while cooking my beans.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

The only people who vote in local elections are activists, twitterati, nutters, and virtually no-one under 35.

What was the turnout ?. (much) Less than 40% ?

Reply to
Andrew

By far the largest group sent the message "we don't care who wins" by simply not bothering to vote.

Quite a few fell foul of the new ID card requirement (but a surprising number of people turn up at French Border Force at Kings Cross intending to get the Eurostar without a passport).

Reply to
Andrew

I was almost tempted, just for the novelty of having to provide photo ID.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Roger Hayter snipped-for-privacy@hayter.org writes

An illustration of Poe's Law

brian

The Will of the People was a sarcastic comment that what's good for the goose is good for the gander - bigoted old brexiteers have to accept a Labour win in the election the same way as they kept saying Brexit was the "WotP". The original Radioman was Reay, a noted crypto-fascist. But this, different, Radio Man was parodying his views about the Labour Party. You don't need to be a native English speaker, but having read ukra for a quarter of a century helps!

Reply to
Roger Hayter

And you believe these polls why? Especially in applying whatever they actually have measured to a putative GE result.

Reply to
Brian Morrison

You might be interested in the analysis provided by Prof John Curtis of Strathclyde University on the BBC R4 PM programme today (starting about

17:06:20) in which he says that if these results were translated to a General Election, Labour would be 20 seats short of a majority (at 17:08:50).
Reply to
Spike

If the local elections were reflected in the next general election, something that never actually happens, the LibDems would get 20% of the vote.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Because the margin of error is large enough for it only to be a question of how much Labour is going to win by, not whether they will win.

Reply to
Colin Bignell