OT Free to a good home - Electronics Magazines

Having a bit of an office clearout, and some things have got to go!

Anyone want a collection of "Electronics" the Maplin Magazine?

These date from the first issues in the early 80's until the 90's. They are full of projects and quite a few interesting articles charting "new" technology on the brink of intruduction along with detailed explanations of the workings (topics include CD players and NICAM 728 TV stereo sound ;-)

Probaby 40 mags or so in total. Collect from SE Essex, or I could post if you want (they are quite lightweight paper - especially the early issues, so not as expensive as it sounds!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Wow John, I remember these as a kid ;) Used to love building their kits up!

I never saved up enough to buy the nicam stereo kit. If I remember it was about £120 ??

Reply to
Tim Morley

Me too! (started collecting them when I was about 12 IIRC)

Oh what the decoder projected they did? Nope never built one myself (found it was easier to buy a nicam video instead)... but I do know someone who did make one. Still works as well.

(I always facied building their 25W MOSFET stereo amplifier project though. The only problem was the price of what started at about 40 or 50 quid - by the time I had saved enough to buy the kit it had gone up in price - and seemed to keep doing that until they finally discontinued the kit!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Have you tried your local (Southend?) Freecycle group?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hi John,

Yes, would love them, and only live in Tiptree, so could quite easily arrange to collect them.

Thanks

Gary

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Is Maplins head office in southen-on-sea, I am sure I used to get my mum to send cheques there. They might be interested?

Reply to
Tim Morley

Oh, a taker... Well done that man. Drop me an email and we can sort out something...

(In fact I will be going to Tiptree next week anyway).

Reply to
John Rumm