Electronics Magazines

Does anyone want a load of these mags. I have 50 plus electronics mags that will probably end up in the bin. No charge apart from P&P (and then only if it is expensive).

I have yet to put them into a proper date order. They start with sporadic

1974 editions but seem to be a more continuous collection from 1977 on and are made up of Everyday Electronics and Practical Electronics.

All this as my parents want spot lights in the bathroom and they are clearing their loft of my (and their) old rubbish to remove the boarding before the lights are fitted.

I am sure someone would love them far more than the paper recycle bin that is currently on offer. It could well be more than 50 mags as the loft is not empty yet.

-- Adam

adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You may care to check if there interest on Ebay for such magazines.

I "tested the water" on Ebay about a month ago when a relative gave my kids a desk tidy themed on Star Trek (the device made various noises from the original series). After about 30 minutes the novelty of the gadget wore off.

I was about to bin it but I thought I would try my luck on Ebay. Besides, if the Ebay service turned out to be dodgy then I wouldn't lose much. So, I submitted the device at a minimum price of three quid (plus two quid P&P on top), and was surprised to see the device eventually bought for a tenner!

It did take me an hour to set the d*mn thing up, but now I have a route for my old junk.

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning

Its a very good spare time cash generator is Ebay. You won't make a living wage off it, but its amazing what old junk SOMEONE wants, and its better than skipping it.

YOU may think your dead old Hifi is worthless, but someone somewhere wants a spare part for theirs etc..whicxh remonds me, anyone want a really good, hardly used but 12 year old cassette deck?

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Me too; I find it quite astounding what people will pay me for my rubbish. Among my recent 'triumphs' have been my old biker jacket (hanging in the spare room wardrobe for 20 years unused I finally conceded to SWMBO that the likelihood of it ever fitting me again is even less than the chances of me ever being allowed on 2 wheels again) which went for an unbelievable 550 quid plus p&p to a bloke in Japan; and a horrendous cake plate, a never-used wedding present, which fetched 80 quid from an Australian woman. I could go on...!

David

Reply to
Lobster

If you don't want the hassle I'll arrange to get them collected from you then put them on Ebay for you and you can entertain yourself watching how much they go for. :-) And get yourself some Christmas money from the proceeds.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Thanks but they have gone. The next lot of old stuff may go on ebay (and there is stacks of it) but this lot had to go ASAP to keep the new girlfriend happy.