OT: For spotters of unusual odometer readings...

judith (or somebody else of the same name) wrote thusly in message :

I would expect some measure of changeover glitch along the lines of

< On the third stroke it wi ee o'clock precisely - pip pip pip or possibly < On the third stroke it will be 159 and fifty seconds - pip pi ip

Was it really as smooth as you imply?

Reply to
Prai Jei

Of course.

Spare a thought for the poor lady who reads the speaking clock from a script and who rehearsed for weeks and then sat up all night just to get it right for you.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:57:07 GMT, a particular chimpanzee, "Al Reynolds" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Congratulations to Debs, btw.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Mmm..

That's why they buy Lottery tickets.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Someone needs to get out more! :)

Reply to
ST

I have heard it said [1] it would be a 60 odd quid payout per winning ticket.

[1] Not sure where - possibly on TV, long ago, - and it is a suprisingly accurate number given the variable jackpot amount and an unknown number of people play that sequence of numbers.

At least it wasn't quoted as "we esitimate the payout to be =A363.25"

Reply to
ST

Al - I cant claim the date/time connections, they are something impressive, but:

CoyoteBoy

I wish I'd had a digital camera when we had such readings!

We've kept a log for decades - don't know why - and always record significant odometer readings.

As I keep saying, everyone needs a hobby ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher