OT: For spotters of unusual odometer readings...

Ah, ok someone that shares switchgear - Mazda or Mitsubishi I suppose would be the likely options then...

Reply to
John Rumm

If I had five pounds, you could claim them! It is a 97 Accord Aerodeck.

There was a saloon Accord built in the same factory (in Ohio I think) which did 1 million miles! I will be happy if I get to a quarter of that!

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the line-up of the digits. If I went to buy a car and the numbers lined up as badly as that, the alarm bells would be ringing in my ear: "Warning, clocked car!"

Reply to
Partac

People did comment after the first time I posted. I bought it at 80k and it had a fully documented Honda history, so I'm guessing it's just a rubbish odometer?

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Why thanks Al - I'll have a pint on your behalf later :o)

Aye, they were good cars, them Accords. I'm sure you'll get there :o)

John

Reply to
John

I wondered how the speaking clock coped with BST so stayed up and listened: On the third stroke it will be 1 59 and forty seconds - pip pip pip On the third stroke it will be 159 and fifty seconds - pip pip pip On the third stroke it will be 3 o'clock precisely - pip pip pip ............. and so, off to bed.

Reply to
judith

Verily, it's worthy of .....

"Send us stuff" under "Community", right at the centre of the page.

Reply to
Lin Chung

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:47:24 +0100, "Mat C" mused:

I know how you feel, I had my car lined up to show 88888 on the mileage, 888.8 on the trip and I was going to be doing 88 mph when it all digitally 'clicked' into place.

I forgot.

Reply to
Lurch

Lurch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Probably just as well. Health & Safety would do you for the ensuing two lines of fire down the highway, assuming they could follow you into the future...

Reply to
Tunku

They'd wait and catch him on the way back.

Reply to
Brimstone

I was in a friends car when the digits on the odo clicked to 100000. She was so excited that she pointed through the steering wheel at them.

Too bad that we were turning right at the time, as the wheels straightened, her arm caught in the steering wheel and she drove, in a perfect arc, through a traffic island!!!

She wasn't even blonde...

Reply to
Timfy

In article , Al Reynolds scribeth thus

Wont be a Mondeo with that number of miles on;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:55:50 +0100, "Brimstone" mused:

Ah, but would I come back?

Reply to
Lurch

Got 121,500 on my Mondeo.... What's yout point?

Les Hemmings

That it won't reach 160807 miles???

You could always get back to us IF you reach that milestone......

Reply to
'Nel'

It would actualy be really odd if the numbers on your odometer didn't match some significant date or combination of numbers sometimes.

One day the lottery numbers will be 1,2,3,4,5,6. in that order - nothing statistically odd about that, but the papers would be full of it for weeks.

Many people have little knowledge of the laws of probability.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What's the probability that a randomly selected person would have little knowledge of the laws of probability?

Reply to
Dave Baker

In article , 'Nel' scribeth thus

Just one that cost as much as it was worth to sort the engine out, only X reg!.

Every MOT it seemed as if it needed a rebuild of something or other......

Reply to
tony sayer

Person x person x person divided by knowledge x knowledge.

Or very high indeed. I regulary use an effect in my macic act where what appears too be a 2-1 bet against me, where I am paying even money fleeces (only in fun) the punter because it's actually a 3-2 freezeout bet in my favour.

'Gambling Scams' by Darwin Ortiz is the modern seminal work on the subject. 'Scarne on Gambling' by John Scarne is the history.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Harrumph! Was driving my Mk II escort in Liverpool about 15 years ago ..at the time the car was about 9 years old.... (or thereabouts) My plate was UKD 92V. Stopped at the lights and realised the car in front was UKD 93V...was doing a double take while the car behind me cut inside to reveal the car behind it was UKD 95V.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2