OT EUSSR to cost us even more

If the frogs get their way.

Simple cash transfers. Rich (us) to poor (Basket cases in E Europe.)

Reply to
harry

If it's to work like the US (and I'm guessing that's their intent), then I think it's inevitable.

Reply to
Etaoin Shrdlu

When did we join the Eurozone Harry?

Reply to
Nightjar

The next time Labour gets into power. Cameron would pay up anyway!

Reply to
harry

When was the Eurozone created Harry? Which UK government declined to join it?

Or are facts too much of a problem for you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A long time ago and not sure how relevant that is today.

The EU scene then was very different to that after enlargement in 2004. Which UK government was in power then?

Reply to
Fredxxx

The Eurozone comprises those European countries that use the Euro as their currency. We do not use the Euro; we are not part of the Eurozone. In the article linked to by Harry, it said that the French finance minister was calling for a more integrated Eurozone, allowing fiscal transfers between richer and poorer countries. Unless we join the Euro (pretty unlikely in view of the events of the last few years in Greece etc.), it won't apply to us.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Ahh - my misreading of Eurozone!

Reply to
Fredxxx

It's not exactly a hard one to get right, if you have even the _vaguest_ grasp of basic current affairs.

Reply to
Adrian