OT: electric adjustable bed needed

A disabled friend of mine is looking for a single bed that's electrically a djustable in height and has the ability to raise the top of the mattress to a sitting-up position.

There's no shortage of stuff online of course, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations.

Ideally I'd like a company in the Yorkshire area who have a showroom - rath er than someone that'll bring round a demo model then stay until midnight g radually reducing the price from £6,000 to £2,500 like a dodgy do uble glazing salesperson!

Reply to
Murmansk

There are quite a lot on Gumtree for £100 upwards; the nearest one I t hink is this one - at the moment

91277351

No connection with the seller etc.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

think is this one - at the moment

Just don't search for electric chair

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I doubt if this makes any difference to your friend's choice, but the auction/resale value of these things (beds, chairs, anything for the disabled) is a few pounds at most, irrespective of how much they cost when new.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I just did, and found nothing remotely interesting/kinky even though there were quite a few with leather massage options.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My mother got one on loan for free from the local NHS, looks a bit like a h ospital bed but £6000 seems a lot to pay just for the looks. As far as I can remember it just required the approval of her visiting physio.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Yup, my M-I-L got one a few weeks ago. She needed raise/lower/tilt etc. They ordered Thursday pm and it arrived Friday lunchtime! Very neat how it all comes aprt and fits on a narrow rolling stand.

The hospital wanted her to have one before she went home.

Reply to
Bob Eager