Plume management

Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open. So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do. Any thoughts on fitting this myself? If I follow the guidance on max length, number of bends etc, any pitfalls? Certain death etc? Your thoughts would be welcome. Ta David

Reply to
David

If you follow the (pretty simple) guidelines you should be OK. I guess perhaps if you have funny eddies around your building because of unusual geometry you might want to move it a bit further than the standard minimum distance? Mine is legal but not far from the window, and I have never seen any sign of misting.

Reply to
newshound

Pay particular attention to making sure the inner seats in the socket sections correctly and does not dislodge any seals as you push them in (it helps to chamfer the edges). Also make sure you screw through the sections to join them when instructed to make sure they can't separate. Less of a problem outside than with internal flue joints, but still very well worth getting right ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for this! I'll get stuck in. Ta David

Reply to
David