OT: Driving electric cars in winter

I've driven three automatics, a Range Rover 1988, a Honda CRV 1999, and a VW Golf 1998. None of them required the plastering about you suggest, and in fact the Golf prevented you from stupidly fighting one against the other, by cutting the gas to the engine if you pressed both at once.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

If VW do it, then it's sensible. They design very good cars.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

and very good software to manage the engines.

Reply to
charles

Indeed. I assume you're referring to the silly environmentalists at this point.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

well if they do do it its rubbish. How can you heel and toe one?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You're an utter f****it. You tried to portray filling up with both as something unusual whereas it was quite normal so you're tale is pure fabrication.

Reply to
bert

I repeat most conversion required petrol to start. One of the notable exceptions was the IMPCO kit developed originally for the Buick engine and which worked very successfully on Range Rover V8s.

Reply to
bert

That doesn't make it typical. I wonder why they didn't put it on my 1998 Polo Auto which had the 1.4 engine same as the Golf.

Reply to
bert

No they don't. It's just a matter of keeping the petrol side "excercised" so that the components/fuel remains servicable.

Reply to
harry

Bullshit they do.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Reply to
Sam Crean

Why? The brake pedal isn't where the clutch would be.

It would be more than a nuisance if someone rear ended you when you came to a very abrupt halt.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That's how muscle memory works.

It's near enough so that it does get used.

I never come to an abrupt halt. It's always obvious what I have done and I stop doing it very quickly. Normally happens when pulling into a car park slot where you use the clutch when you are coming to a stop anyway in a manual.

Reply to
Sam Crean

Yet you claimed to have filled up with both to the confusion of the pump attendant.

Reply to
bert

In article , Sam Crean writes

I suspect I've installed more conversions than you BICBW

Reply to
bert

Because the pump does have to allow two different cars to be filled one after the other and that is what confused the person you pay, when two different fills were done with just one car.

Reply to
Sam Crean

But you're so stupid that you haven't even noticed that hardly any modern conversions require petrol to start.

Reply to
Sam Crean

I have no idea where you get your information from, or simply you live in a very warm climate.

Most systems start on petrol and only change over when the engine has acquired a certain temperature.

If you're still in denial of the facts after reading the following two links, and accept there is more of the same, then it is truly you who is pig ignorant.

Fredxxx

Bullshit they do. Fuck all do that.

Wrong, as always.

We don?t do any of that silly shit. Our entire taxi fleet runs on LPG and a couple of my mates have LPG cars and the other mate has done a hell of a lot more LPG conversions than bert has ever done.

Reply to
Sam Crean

I don't like the sound of that at all. Surely letting go of the "gas" pedal causes regenerative braking equal to that you would have got from the engine anyway? Or preferably I'd like zero braking. Say you're going at 70 on the motorway, and need to slow to 50 for traffic up ahead, surely you need to press the brake pedal, which then operates the regenerative braking more severely?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That part sounds terrible. Why not just have it like a normal car? Press one pedal to speed up and the other to slow down? Just because the brakes are regenerative doesn't mean the controls need to change.

Reply to
Mr Macaw