OT - Driving ban appeals process

Always happy to be contended. But I'd like to know /how/ you think the difference between a director and an employee bears on the charge which arises under the benefits code in ITEPA which quite explicitly applies to both.

How can the employer save NICs when the Class 1A rate on benefits (13.8%) is the same as the highest rate rate for secondary Class 1 NICs?

And that's before we come to the recent (by my standards) 2017 legislation on "optional optional remuneration arrangements" which knocked out most NIC benefits of taking benefits instead of money.

Reply to
Robin

Not where there is street lighting. I did say built up area and I believe the road definition of this is where there are lights placed within a certain distance.

Unless you mean the national speed limit for a built up area is 30mph?

Reply to
Fredxx

The CAB can provide solicitors

Reply to
charles

That sounds plausible. Wish him luck with it.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

He may have received more than 3 points for speeding.

Reply to
alan_m

If there's street lighting and no repeaters then it's 30mph isn't it?

Reply to
Chris Green

20mph has replaced 30mph now it lots of Scottish towns/villages.
Reply to
mm0fmf

mm0fmf presented the following explanation :

As in England too.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

my speedo is totally inaccurate at 20 ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

ISTR 20MPH limits do not require repeater signs as long as there are speed bumps or other restrictive devices in place.

They only need one 20MPH sign at all entrances to them.

Reply to
ARW

Yes, but "not 30" has to be signed doesn't it?

Reply to
Chris Green

Is that right, I suppose it makes sense, I guess there has to be a maximum distance between the speed bumps.

Reply to
Chris Green

That sounds like a plan to ensure people used to 30mph zones, repeater signs, street lights etc. will not see the 20 sign, drive at 30 and get caught for speeding.

Reply to
mm0fmf

The ones I came across in Edinburgh, a couple of weeks ago, had painted speed limit signs on the road surface .

Reply to
charles

Adam is spot on for a 20 mph zone (which just requires a subtly different sign at the entrance with the word "zone").

Reply to
Robin

In Cambridge, which has 20, 30, 40 and 50mph zones, and more cameras than a Japanese tourist the residents are so scared that everyone drives at 15mph, in case they are in a zone they didn't know about, and also of course to avoid hitting the unlit, unlicensed, uninsured, untested cyclists who think they are Gaia's instruments to seek revenge on the Motor Car.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Was it sent recorded delivery? If so then there should be a signature on file at the royal mail, if not then unfortunately Royal Mail is inept and loses stuff all the time these days.

Might also be worth having the car speedo checked out to see if its in tolerance as well. However all that costs money. I'd also suggest as no doubt will the court, that to e sailing so close to the wind on speed is not a very good idea and thus he might be made an example of for that very reason. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Brian Gaff (Sofa) explained on 02/10/2021 :

I don't know, I am getting the tale in bits and pieces..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Not where we live they don't.

Reply to
Chris Green

My late brother was one of those once (although that's not why he is late). But he did pay up.

Oxford seems to have done a slightly better job of controlling the car than Cambridge.

Reply to
newshound