OT - decent Adroid phone ?500 or under?

I have a Samsung S5, very good, its my third, and about my fifth battery, maybe should get one with a more uptodate version of android, but not many have replaceable batteries these days, i think thats important as batteries die after a year or so

george

Reply to
George Miles

On 23:37 12 Jan 2019, JoeJoe snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Are you comparing new prices with second hand?

Reply to
Pamela

This is the price of a BRAND NEW S7.

Reply to
JoeJoe

My S7 replaced my old S5 (I had two, 2 years each). No comparison with the S7: much faster, more memory, better camera, better screen. There is hardly anything in the S8 and S9 that justifies going for them instead. Very little of any significance has been added.

- No replaceable battery for the S7 :-(

- Dual SIM

(all should be fine if things go the "right way" on Tuesday...)

Reply to
JoeJoe

Its a graded product, probably a return. You need to check what their grade B means. They have grade C for £150.

Reply to
invalid

Done the deed but ordered the S7 Edge for the larger screen size. Also comes with a slightly larger battery.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

As said upstream, paid a little extra for the Edge version.

The prices are good all round, though.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Minor damage, no box, no bits, short warranty.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Note: Grade B. The ones I pointed you at were brand new (warranty and all).

Reply to
JoeJoe

I suspect the latter.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I think I would rather have the non edge version - since its much easier to damage the screen on the edge ones.

Reply to
John Rumm
<snip>

I would expect over production because it is better to have a small percentage left over rather than have frustrated customers.

In the great scheme of things I don't suppose that an extra few hundred thousand left over is a big deal. Sell them at around production cost and you still get brand loyalty and potentially deny a competitor a sale.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

On 12:51 14 Jan 2019, David snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

There must be a lot of surplus stock because the follow on model S8 was released almost 2 years ago in spring 2017.

Reply to
Pamela