OT: Curious Cellar Occurence

Thought I saw some mouse type movement the other day in the cellar (which I use for DIY etc), so put a motion detecting camera down there. Just one 5s clip motion detected and recorded in 48 hours - this:

Seems to be an insect or something moving across the room. But no signs of anything (amongst the mess), and no motion recorded for the past 12 hours.

Any guesses?!

Cheers, Rob

Reply to
RJH

Moth.

Reply to
Andy Burns

+1
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

seems to have been hiding in that thing (stud finder?) to the right of the vice ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

My first bet would be a bat for triggering thermal IR but the trace looks too small for that. It flies like a queen wasp or bumble bee. Something fairly fast and with visible wing beats in the blurred trail.

Weather has been very odd this week. I have seen butterflies outside and various unseasonal flowers are out as well the usual stuff.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes insect life is very strong. I was down the garden assisting some pruning and got bitten by things that now itch, so it could indeed be anything. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

can't view te pic but.. Maybe one of those silkworm things that were here a few years back. One got inside and seemed to intentionally wait until I looked the other way before flying around.

Grey, angled head. eyes on the side.(think pokemon)

Reply to
Johann Klammer