OT: coffee machine recommendations please

Similarly for my Corso. I just had my first problem in nearly three years in that something that moved must have got stuck, and it shut itself down. It was a bit fiddly opening it up completely in order to remove the bit that comes out for cleaning, but I gave it all a wash and a wipe and it went back together and has worked fine ever since.

Reply to
newshound

I suspect the modern ones are made of more-rusty material. I have a single hotplate (bought for when I was refitting the kitchen and might not have ha d a full hob) which although cheap-chinese looking was actually branded RS Components, and I think it started going rusty after second use.

On the other hand, stuff forged when Abraham Darby were a lad is still goin g strong.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

We bought a fairly cheap filter machine with a timer.

I set it every night (I'm an owl) and she who is a bit more lark-like than me pours the coffee that is hot and waiting when the alarm goes off.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

We have a cheap DeLongi and it has worked fine for many years.

It uses the paper capsules or, if you object to the plastic bags the capsules come in, it can use raw ground coffee.

Robert

Reply to
rmlaws54