OT: cheapest way to get 17yo on the road

Mark gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

MkII Vitesse & GT6 had a different rear end, with rotoflexes, which cured it.

Reply to
Adrian

tony sayer wrote: ...

Wikipedia gives the kerbside weight of Moggie as 775kgs and of a 2008 body Ford Ka, which is 6 inches shorter, 4 inches wider, an inch lower and only with two doors as 870 kgs

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Have you thought of asking an insurance broker? It is their job to know the answer to that sort of question.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

yeah. I've got that on mine.

Could 4 wheel drift that car..must get it roadworthy again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TR4 or 6? style full independent IIRC.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

4/4A/5/6 were all the same basic car. 4A got IRS, 5 added the six-pot, 6 was a nose-and-tail job - but the IRS was replacing normal leaf-spring- live-axle, not Herald/Beetle-style swing axles.
Reply to
Adrian

In article , Nightjar

Reply to
tony sayer

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:42:47 +0000, Nightjar Have you thought of asking an insurance broker? It is their job to know

Yes I have actually. But I thought I'd ask the experts* first.

  • including self-appointed ... :-)
Reply to
John Stumbles

OK, while we're on the subject of Spitfires and thus dangerously close to being on-topic to the original query (well, we're actually talking about cars, anyway :-)) let me drag us back safely waaay-OT by reminding assembled company that in around a week's time* we could remember the 15th anniversary of the untimely demise of the author of the immortal words:

Mrs Betty Pench was playing the trombone when she heard a knock at the door. "I wonder who that could be at eleven o'clock in the morning" she thought, but cautiously opened the door. Instead of the turbaned ruffian she expected there was a - very nice! - young man: "Mrs Pench, you've won the car contest, would you like a Triumph Spitfire or three thousand in cash?" Mrs Pench took the money. "What will you do with it all? - not that it's any of my business!" he giggled. "I think I'll become an alcoholic" said Betty.

  • 5th March
Reply to
John Stumbles

My brother-in-law had a Triumph Herald. One very warm Sunday afternoon he heard a loud crack. Looking out he saw his car had broken its back and was sitting with its middle resting on the road.

Reply to
Bob Martin