OT: Carrot supermarket swindle

So it was so bad you actually forgot to pay? Yeah right. The judge would not have believed you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I distract the checkout operative with my charming good looks.

I was once buying alcohol or paracetamol, something that needed an age check. The woman came up to me and cheekily said "are you over 18?" I said "yes, and when does your shift end?" and I received a sharp gasp followed by a playful slap on my left buttock.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Suckable alcofrol!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's theft.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Er....there are no carrots. You PRETEND they're carrots.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So you got a sore ankle, needed to go to your car urgently, and either:

a) Managed to forget to pay b) Thought you'd try to get away with not paying c) Thought it would be a good idea to just walk out with them and hope they believed you when you said you were going to pay 15 minutes later

Whichever stupid one you did, why did you go back in once you'd got away with it?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

that would be cheating ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

easier just being Polish and walking out with the goods without paying ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

the Polish do it all the time...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

same as the polish didn't when they were cauught theno signaled they would go out and get their card from their van then drove off laughing ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

it can kindof work if you simply select a different veg/fruit item

you can just say that you pressed the wrong button and didn't notice

but there's isn't a believable excuse for putting a packaged item through as loose veg

tim

Reply to
tim...

not always

perversely, in some supermarkets it's only the own brands that have tags

because they make the supplier of more expensive booze responsible for the costs of shrinkage of the branded product (quite how they have the power to force that upon suppliers is anyone's guess)

Reply to
tim...

Easy, supermarket just says if the supplier doesn't accept the shrinkage the supermarket won't stock the product. Supermarket buys so much the supplier can't afford not to accept the shrinkage.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I used to accidentally steal bottles of port and sherry when Sainsbury's trolleys has a lower shelf for bottles. I only realised by the chinking when I was wheeling it across the car park. I thought that if I returned I would be accused of shoplifting.

Reply to
Max Demian

boron is one of the best treatments.

Reply to
tabbypurr

And who absorbs the expandage?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Supermarkets have been reporting for a long time that they are 'selling' more carrots than they have had delivered.

Is a conviction for shoplifting worth the cost of a bottle of booze? Not here.

<snip>

So how many times did you accidentally do this and not go back and pay?

We got some shopping from Sainsbury's and a £50 cashback. When we got home and checked the bill we realise they hadn't put the cashback though. We went back later that day, told them and paid the 50 quid.

We did that not only because it was the right thing to do but because it may have made it difficult for the person on that till (till short) and it puts the prices up for everyone (like bogus insurance claims etc).

We found a tenner on our front path the other evening and it was likely it came out of the pocket of the guy who delivered our curry that night. We rang the curry house and the delivery guy came back after his shift, collected his tenner and was very grateful.

We found a fiver in the street, no sign of an owner so gave it to the Isabel Hospice shop.

We have more (good) sense than money. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Its where the GFS/Serco tag has been chafing.

Reply to
Andrew

This says more about your integrity than you will ever comprehend.

Reply to
Fredxx