Is this a carrot plant?

I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September).

For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt, that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt.

leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday.

Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!

-- Jim Carlock Post replies to newsgroup.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

:) I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September). :) :) For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT :) look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an :) eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt, :) that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt. :) :)

:) The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out :) of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday. :) :) Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get :) what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!

Not a carrot plant...maybe a type of lettuce?

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!

Lar

What you have is a common dandilion! The seed no doubt blew in on the breeze and planted itself in your carrot patch. You'll know for certain when it blooms.

Hemma

Reply to
Hemmaholic

"Jim Carlock" wrote in news:Nm1zd.173164$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

that's a red leaf (prossibly red oak leaf) lettuce. it is not a carrot, nor is it a dandelion. lee

Reply to
enigma