Is this a poppy?

In the autumn of 2010 I planted different types poppy seed that I'd forgotten to plant earlier in the year.

They didn't flower last year, I imagine because I'd sewn them too late. All of my seedlings and plants were kept in the greenhouse to grow and I hadn't labelled any of them.

We planted them out in the ground in March and they've done really well. But I'm a little confused because I was sure they were all poppies, but one particular plant doesn't look like the rest. It has strange buds on that I don't recognise.

Can someone confirm if this is a poppy or something else?

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: giantpoppy.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: dontknow.jpg | |Download:
Labella

In message , Labella writes

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

transplanted.

Achillea millefolium, common yarrow, most likely.

Kay

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

Good identification!

I'm reading up about it now.

Reply to
kathy

Thank you! I'll be looking it up right now!

Labella