OT: Carrot supermarket swindle

When buying something expensive (eg some vodka) at a self serve supermarket checkout, place it on the scale and press carrots (the cheapest thing per weight).

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

... and then wait for the security guard to tap you on the shoulder and ask you if you have paid for everything and to accompany him to the office to wait for the arrival of Mr Plod. You may be lucky and get away with it once or twice, but sooner or later they'll get you.

Reply to
NY

Waitrose shoppers have been doing this for ages to buy cheap avocados.

Reply to
Andrew

That surely is not going to work. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

That surely is not going to work. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Hardly vodka though is it? He is winding us up again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

You walked out with your shopping without paying?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They can't watch everyone.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It wouldn't be vodka in my case, I brew my own alcohol so I don't pay tax. The government did not make that vodka, they do not deserve 90% of the cost.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

How would you get a pack of carrots that weighed exactly the same as a bottle of spirits?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

What's the ankle got to do with it?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

No but they'd watch a dodgy looking old bugger like thee.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It would fool the machine, they only go by weight. As long as no human saw you do it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why did you not leave your shopping in there, tell a member of staff you had a sore ankle, then come back and buy it later?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yes, best to only cheat slightly.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Ignore me I'm very pissed. Just back home with me carrots.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

You don't. In UK supermarkets anyway, you can buy loose carrots. You put them in a bag yourself, then weight them at the checkout. You pay per lb. The machine will think you have a vodka-weight of carrots.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They use it to pay for loonybins like the one you ought to be in.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Just another Hucker troll post.

Bottles of booze have rfid tags on them

Next time try weighing your head. The same weight as a cabbage.

--

Reply to
Pamela

If you ever want to know how much your head weights

Just use a cabbage.

Reply to
GB